ROI resident - H2S freezes sometimes on UK Free to Air HD channels

Hi All. I have had a Zgemma H2S since last November. Great box: FTA and IPTV player and IPTV. I still have my annual sub still giving me BT Sports etc still running from last January, and that's fine, BT sports SD freezes and unfreezes itself (unlike IPTV where I have to change channel to unfreeze!) from time to time, but that's ok as that's the norm with the old fashioned sub lines.

However, I have noticed that BBC2 HD (during the CL Darts tournament for example at the weekend) and ITV 2, 3, 4 HD etc also freeze and unfreeze from time to time. Strangely now that I think about it CBeebies HD does not freeze when my kid watches that? Also, the UK FTA SD channels are fine and I can't recall these freezing.

Its not the end of the world etc, but does anyone know why this might be happening? I am using the two sat cables from a dish that used to supply my old Sky+ box. The dish was installed in 2007. Its not weather related, as the weather was calm last weekend when the darts was on BBC2 HD.

I'd install new cables and F connections and re-align my dish for best signal as they have been in place for 10 years now.

I'd install new cables and F connections and re-align my dish for best signal as they have been in place for 10 years now.
Thanks for the reply. Alas, my cables run through an underground 1.5" black water pipe/ducting for about 50 meters to the dish located at the back of the garage... not the simplest job to replace them... I'd have to have hard think as to the effort versus result on that one (as I mentioned, the FTA HD freezing is only very sporadic at the moment)! :)

But now that I think about it, I could run fresh cables overground and test out the new cables for a while and see if its proven worthwhile replacing the old ones in the ducting.

Itv 2hd 3hd 4hd are not fta channels you have to have a sub for them to work you could try a test line to see if it's the server your on before you run any wires

Itv 2hd 3hd 4hd are not fta channels you have to have a sub for them to work you could try a test line to see if it's the server your on before you run any wires

I didn't know that - I thought they were fta on satellite... learn something new every day :)

I didn't know that - I thought they were fta on satellite... learn something new every day :)
Really they're not FTA, hmm, ok, that might explain them sporadically freezing, but it seemed to happen on BBC2 HD as well.

Non hd ones are fta and for BBC 2 hd freezing could be signal is low there is another BBC 2 hd in all services try that one to see if that one is freezing press up then green button to find it

Non hd ones are fta and for BBC 2 hd freezing could be signal is low there is another BBC 2 hd in all services try that one to see if that one is freezing press up then green button to find it.
U can check signal in settings press menu then setup then service searching then sat finder/or signal finder

Did the signal finder - the Yellow highlighter is across Tuner A: BCM7346(internal)(DVB-S2).
Its giving SNR of 89/90% 17.9/18.0 dB. Does that sound OK?

INTERSTING ON SIGNAL finder the satellite is set to 9.0 EEutelsat 9B &ka-sat 9a
I have a signal 71%
should the sat be astra in signal finder tuner is set to that and how do u change it the remote wont let me access other sats

sky uses 28.2 and your sat and signal finder should be on that,if someone retuned/moved dish i doubt other channels would work.
maybe try setting up on 28.2 and scan ,renaming sat to wrong one might pull in channels as its pointing to 28.2?

INTERSTING ON SIGNAL finder the satellite is set to 9.0 EEutelsat 9B &ka-sat 9a
I have a signal 71%
should the sat be astra in signal finder tuner is set to that and how do u change it the remote wont let me access other sats

Nearly impossible to give helpful advice when we don't know the following :-
What box ?
What build ?
What transponder you are getting 71% on ?
What Sat your dish is looking at ?
And mainly what you are trying to achieve ?

Come back to us with the above and we should be able to help you.

Back