Rooting and pirated apps?

channelking

Hi Guys

Few questions if can answer please.

1. Is it complicated to root an LG G5 as read a few guides and seems dsuntting? Did also read you can brick the phone if not done right, which would mean phone is in effect broken for good.

2. What are the main benefits of rooting the phone does it become more open like when jailbreaking iOS phone?

3. What are best ways to get pirated paid apps/games as read you can get cracked apps stores, modded play store, specific sites dedicated to Android pirated apps? Overwhelming to say the least as no idea which is best option and safe option.

4. Can you get in app purchases for free without having to root?

5. Lastly would you get charged for the pirated apps and hacks for in app purchases if google store updates automatically the apps/games?

Cheers

I can't speak for the LG but I rooted my Samsung S7 and flashed a custom rom within 2 days of getting it.
The main advantage for me is to be able to boot into recovery mode and make a backup image (just like E2 backup images).

There's loads of full and pro version apps available from the usual sources. I use 1337x for movies tv, software and apps.

I've never actually gotten around to rooting my phones, but I never have had any problems with finding the full apps for non rooted phones.

What is it you are actually trying to achieve mate? we may be better able to help and guide you to your conclusion.

I can't speak for the LG but I rooted my Samsung S7 and flashed a custom rom within 2 days of getting it.
The main advantage for me is to be able to boot into recovery mode and make a backup image (just like E2 backup images).

There's loads of full and pro version apps available from the usual sources. I use 1337x for movies tv, software and apps.

Is custom Rom just a modified software?

Have read bricking can happen which is what I am most concerned about.

As my brother bought me the phone last year for £250 so don't want it to be dead if bricked.

But where can you get full paid apps for free as can't seem to find proper sites dedicated to this stuff. Think they are cracked app stores but read can get viruses through those apps.

There is so much to rooting I just don't get but also feel left behind.

I have only ever used the play store as never knew of trusted places to get paid apps/games for free and hacks for in app purchases.

@wheelo

Just feel not getting most of Android mate. As have iOS iPad and brother had jailbroken it and could do so much as was fully open in effect. From paid apps for free, in app purchases for free etc.

But with the Android phone only habe ever downloaded free apps from official store and Only side loaded a few other types of apps.

Again just feel like I am missing out as people say rooting is amazing as really opens the phone up. Plus same people have found places to get paid apps for free and in app purchases for free.

Not app crazy like some, nor do I install a lot of apps. Only have some apps. But feel again not getting much from Android like most.

With so many methods. Have no idea what's next. Heads been hurting so much reading articles about rooting and pirated apps lol that am really lost.

A custom rom is modified firmware.
Basically they take an image and remove all the Samsung and Google crap and let you decide what you want to install.
Anything from XDA Developers is usually very good.

This is the page for the rom I'm using to give you an idea
https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/development/rom-s7-edge-rom-v1-1-t3356699

Just google 1337x for apps

Ye XDA developers main site when comes to rooting.

Looked for my phone and tbh mate looks really daunting. Like I said fear of bricking phone is what is holding me back.

There does seem to be many many ways to get paid apps/games for free for not just Android but even iOS. So its hard to know which is "safe" method so to speak.

I am guessing to get more from Android you need to root?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's still lots you can do without rooting. Enable developer mode and that opens up a lot of options.

If using stock Android, go to Settings > About phone > Build number. On a Samsung Galaxy device, go to Settings > About device > Build number. ...
Tap Build number seven times. ...
Go back to Settings, where you'll find a Developer options entry in the menu.

I really want to root but am so scared of bricking the phone that has really put me off.

I am guess to get hacks for in app purchases you need phone rooted?

Whats best site for pirated apps dedicated to it as found a few and not sure about them? Plus not sure if worth it as wont you get charged if google play updates?

Is developer mode similar to rooting?

... as above. Developer mode just opens up extra settings like enabling USB debugging and other stuff like that.
I haven't faffed with my phone for months now that it does what I want, rather than what google and samsung want.

Do not post other sites on here, particularly other forums. @channelking do not ask for such info on the open forum. Use google, or, if someone says theyncan hrlp, pm.

Back