Run MGcamd from putty

5bellies

Hi,
I have always used the openvix image. One of the things I worked out how to do pretty early on in my dabblings with these zGemma's was how to run MGcamD from the terminal. In my infinite wisdom I forgot to write it down, and one thing I noticed was it took me ages of searching google (other search engines are available) to sort of not find the correct syntax. So I thought I would share.
The command to do this is
Code:
/usr/softcams/mgcamd.1.38 -dv
NB: This is using the 1.38 version. Some of these commands are case sensitive, so if it fails and you are sure you are running that particular cam some useful commands in Linux are::

root@zgemmah2h:~# ls
logs
root@zgemmah2h:~# cd /
root@zgemmah2h:/# ls
bin dev hdd lib mnt run share tmp var
boot etc home media proc sbin sys usr
root@zgemmah2h:/# cd u

ls (LS) This is a directory listing, same as DIR in DOS or a Windows command prompt
cd / changes to the root directory

cd u [TAB] wil populate the command with the unique folder name beginning with u (in this instance usr)

cd U would fail as there is no folder beginning with uppercase u.

And recently I had tinkered with an openATV version. I wanted to do the same thing, however the software is in a slightly different location. So after a touch of searching I found it:
Code:
/usr/bin/mgcamd_1.38r1 -dv
You may need to use the directory commands to find it, or you could use the find command.
Code:
find -name mgca*

I hope these are useful to someone.

(And if I forget them at least i will be able to find them again)

Best Regards

5Bellies

As always, I forgot what I needed to do, and I needed to do the same using CCcam.

The procedure is almost the same, the files are located in the same place.
the switches at the end are slightly different:

Code:
/usr/bin/CCcam_2.2.1 -d

Or

/usr/softcam/CCcam_2.2.1 -d

Back