Running cable and sat

pitch183

I'm getting cable and was wondering if I can have both cable and sat running at the same time. I like being able to record and watch another channel at the same time. I realise that the sat side of things is winding up , but the majority of channels I use are still up.

Anyone got this setup?

Thanks

the h2h is a twin turner box
so one sat and one cable

so yes you can record one and watch the other

so get a h5.2tc cost just over £100
but she is a triple tuner, 2 cable and 1 sat

you could buy a twin cable tuner box that would be ideal for what you want or triple tuner box, 2 cable tuners and one sat although that would cost more in subs. Personally I would just go cable for now.

flash it back to stock. put it in the box changed your mind 14days and all

you dont need to upgrade the box will do the job fine

Hi mate, you only need one line, (preferably nline) for a twin cable tuner box. Plus an external hard drive for recording and an "F" conector to attach cable to box. Have a look at the vu+ solo se v2 (twin cable) from wos.

Personally mate I keep it simple, I use openvix with thier blue hd skin. Epg works very well. You can put any skin you want on it but as I say keep it simple, I believe the less you tinker around the better it runs once set up.

Last edited:
I've got mine set up with Wooshbuild using the S*yQ skin - can't go wrong. You simply put both lines in the same mgcamd.list file one under the other - this will clear both S*y and VM channels.
If you go into service searching and ABM then you can change the config to add provider prefix to bouquets so it will show as S*y - Movies , S*y - Sport and on the other V*rgin - Movies , V*rgin - Sport etc. :)

I've got mine set up with Wooshbuild using the S*yQ skin - can't go wrong. You simply put both lines in the same mgcamd.list file one under the other - this will clear both S*y and VM channels.
If you go into service searching and ABM then you can change the config to add provider prefix to bouquets so it will show as S*y - Movies , S*y - Sport and on the other V*rgin - Movies , V*rgin - Sport etc. :)

did you scan for both virgin and sky in your initial setup? is this possible in whooshbuild
i have an active sky sub which i want to keep and then add a virgin sub, it is the same bouquet for both?

thanks

did you scan for both virgin and sky in your initial setup? is this possible in whooshbuild
i have an active sky sub which i want to keep and then add a virgin sub, it is the same bouquet for both?

thanks

I think I did - it can be done after initial setup too easily enough though.

You will have 2 sets of bouquets - it's easy to be able to identify the two though by adding the provider prefix in config.

gMUpHWg.jpg

There is a custom mix file you can ftp into your box and it will do this for you. Dsayers is your man who did this.

Back