Ruya iptv on zgemma

No1gooner

TK Veteran
Does anyone else here with a zgemma use ruya and is having problems with live tv streams lately? I'm getting a lot of freezing on most streams in hd which is making it unwatchable, it's been like it for over a week now.

i had ruya and constant freezing, jumped ship and got a different supplier 1800 channels for 80 bucks a year ..... great service

Are streams in hd? 3pm kick offs?
I've pm'd you.

---------- Post Merged at 10:10 AM ----------

Also does it add a bouquet or does it use a plugin?

I have it on duo2 works fine I did put it on a zgemma in the bedroom but the box is too slow for the addon I think.

Hi I have a zgemma star 2s and currently using ruya iptv trial atm but im finding it keeps freezing after about a min or two and won't play any further and becoming quite frustrating. Could anyone give me any advice how to fix it? do I need to reinstall it? if so how? or is it down to the provider? or does that not matter?

any help much appreciated. Thanks

From what I can tell Ruya ain't as good as it used to be, a lot of people on a Facebook page I follow are complaining about freezing, problem with Ruya subs is there all bought through re-sellers, the actual customer has no way of finding out about issues with servers or have access to any type of official support, it's easy for the re-seller to fob you off and just blame your internet.
Like I say Ruya used to be good I had 2 good months from it, but I've had freezing problems for the last few weeks now with no change to my setup, so I can only pinpoint it to the servers, probably because there starting to become over subscribed.

Last edited:
From what I can tell Ruya ain't as good as it used to be, a lot of people on a Facebook page I follow are complaining about freezing, problem with Ruya subs is there all bought through re-sellers, the actual customer has no way of finding out about issues with servers or have access to any type of official support, it's easy for the re-seller to fob you off and just blame your internet.
Like I say Ruya used to be good I had 2 good months from it, but I've had freezing problems for the last few weeks now with no change to my setup, so I can only pinpoint it to the servers, probably because there starting to become over subscribed.

Been using Ruya on my mag 250 for 2 years now, flawless with every channel and every country. As above I'm told the Zgemma just isn't the box to use with it.

I've looked into this quite a bit, I was under the impression that all Ruya subs was linked to the same server, after talking to a few people it seems this isn't the case, maybe the server I'm connected to is playing up, either way like I said it was fine up until recently, I'm using a h2s now so the box should handle streaming a lot better, I'm using a different iptv supplier now and it works fine so it doesn't look to me to be the Zgemma causing the problems.
Maybe someone could advise me of any possible improvements I could make to my set up to rule out a problem with Ruya, are you using a vpn? Is there any settings on my router I should change? Like I said I've changed nothing with my set up and it's worked fine before but maybe there is now something I'm missing.

Last edited:
Use on my android mx quad core works perfect the odd frezze here and there but considering it 3floors up in bedroom via homeplugs i can live with it.

I've looked into this quite a bit, I was under the impression that all Ruya subs was linked to the same server, after talking to a few people it seems this isn't the case, maybe the server I'm connected to is playing up, either way like I said it was fine up until recently, I'm using a h2s now so the box should handle streaming a lot better, I'm using a different iptv supplier now and it works fine so it doesn't look to me to be the Zgemma causing the problems.
Maybe someone could advise me of any possible improvements I could make to my set up to rule out a problem with Ruya, are you using a vpn? Is there any settings on my router I should change? Like I said I've changed nothing with my set up and it's worked fine before but maybe there is now something I'm missing.

Your correct, Ruya is just the plugin, its all about the server you then connect to. Some are more expensive than others!

What's the best servers to be on? Anyone know of any good ones that don't freeze or anything. Last one I was on was unusable. Does seem like a great service so would be interested in it or any others that people could recommend an alternative. I'm more interested in tv shows and movies

Can kodi be installed on a zgemma box? Any other apps you could recommend for the box which are not links based as it there prone to too many dead links. Cheers

Get yourself an Amazon Fire stick and sideload it on there, much faster and easier to use than farting about with kodi direct

Back