S2 setup ok but cline does not work, how can I test?

StartNow

Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to this so please bear with me.

I've just flashed an S2 box with the image supplied by MtPockets (thanks for the image and instructions), configured it as per the instructions. Restarted the box and can view all the fta channels, however when I try and view a scrambled channel I get a black screen!! I've looked in the sofcam settings and the box only has 1 configured which is CCcam 2.3.0. when I first looked there was info on this cam, but now it just says "no ECM info".

Also when I choose yellow and view 'servers' I can see my CCcam info which has a red disk at the side with the host name and port number, then in the bottom section I have info that reads;
<hostname>:<port number>
Cards:0
Type:CCcam-s2s
Version:N/A
NodeID:N/A
Connected:
I'm assuming from this info that the cam does not have a connection to the host and is not working because of that. I can ping the host, but is there any way I can test the response from the host?

Thanks

I'm assuming from this info that the cam does not have a connection to the host and is not working because of that. I can ping the host, but is there any way I can test the response from the host?

Go to the start menu on your pc and in the "Search programs and files" box at the bottom type: CMD

type:
PING <host>
then press enter.

it should reply with something like:

Reply from 212.58.246.103: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=52Reply from 212.58.246.103: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=52
Reply from 212.58.246.103: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=52
Reply from 212.58.246.103: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=52

Note: that IP is bbc.co.uk, NOT a CCAM server..

Something else though, you have port forwarded the port number in your router so the box has access to the host, right?

*I'm new here, so my assistance may be incorrect whilst i'm learning myself!

Last edited:
I don't use OPenATV but will try to help, there is no need to port forward on a domestic network, Upnp will handle it, is it a testline your useing? as they expire normally after 24hrs, also is your cam active? when in cam manager can you restart the cam? Is your internet connection active to the box? you can check in menu, information, or unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the box and into a laptop and do a speedtest to ensure connection ok. Hope that helps.

I don't use OPenATV but will try to help, there is no need to port forward on a domestic network, Upnp will handle it, is it a testline your useing? as they expire normally after 24hrs, also is your cam active? when in cam manager can you restart the cam? Is your internet connection active to the box? you can check in menu, information, or unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the box and into a laptop and do a speedtest to ensure connection ok. Hope that helps.

Hi gmangt4 and thanks for the reply. I'm not using a test line and my internet is active my cam too. can you give me any info about these test lines, the one I have I bought from fleabay, seller was helpful but he was going on about a channel list I should download from him.

Back