sab titan 3 uk cable virmin help

ajax123

i have a sab titan 3 box and have previously used in on virmin with mgcamd line
my previous gift has now run out and i have input a working test line but all channels are scrambled,
the seller of the box had set it all up previously so i am a bit lost on how to get it working again,
can anyone help?
Many thanks in advance

please excuse my ignorance but as far as i can tell its just mgcamd, i added it the same way the previous seller had added it via menu/conditional access/ipshare/server setting,

there was a cws when i requested the testline but i added it via the username/password settings as thats how it was configured previously, ive searched all over for instructions for this box but cant seem to find many details, especially for using it with cable

Thanks for your help CactiKid & pabloescaban
i have now managed to get the line working with all channels unscrambled :)

The only issue i have now is that sometimes channels will pixelate for a few seconds then come back, this happened with both the previous line supplied with the box and also the new line,
It happens on all channels, both fta and paid ones,
it does not happen on the vm subbed box i have in a different room so i dont think its a problem with the feed into the house,
Is this just an issue with the box or could it be something configured incorrectly?

Thanks for your help CactiKid & pabloescaban
i have now managed to get the line working with all channels unscrambled :)

The only issue i have now is that sometimes channels will pixelate for a few seconds then come back, this happened with both the previous line supplied with the box and also the new line,
It happens on all channels, both fta and paid ones,
it does not happen on the vm subbed box i have in a different room so i dont think its a problem with the feed into the house,
Is this just an issue with the box or could it be something configured incorrectly?

check all splitters and replace with tratec / technetix ones, try to use just one splitter, 2 way or 3 way, any more splits than this and you probably need a powered splitter

i also agree cables and splitters do play a big part in quality,i wont mention i have a 4 way splitter and possibly a 2 way :grimacing::grin:

check all splitters and replace with tratec / technetix ones, try to use just one splitter, 2 way or 3 way, any more splits than this and you probably need a powered splitter
thanks again for the reply,
i only have the 1 technetix 2 way splitter in there, i have just realised that the VM subbed box is downstairs and is the only device connected to that feed into the house where as the wifi hub and the sab box which are upstairs are on another feed into the house.. im sure they must both be active as 1 supplies the router and the other supplies a subbed box both of which are working fine,
could it be something to do with that?

wifi hub or vmhub 3 in wifi mode?

splitter should be in that feed one feed to hub and other side to box?

sorry, its a superhub 2,
heres the confusing part..
i have 2 of plastic vm distribution boxes on 2 walls in my house,
1 is in the living room and 1 is in an upstairs bedroom,
the 1 in the living room has the subbed box on and nothing else,
the 1 in the upstairs bedroom has the 2 way splitter going to a superhub2 and the SAB box

sorry if im calling it the wrong name but by vm distribution box i mean these
yOjbmqP.jpg

the splitter is a 2way technetix

ok what splitter is in use?

the splitter is a 2way technetix which goes to the superhub 2 and the other output goes to the SAB box which is having the freezing/ pixelation problem,
Also please ignore the state of the distribution box, its stuck behind a wardrobe and rather hard to get to to clean :(

OK, first thing to mention here is that there is only one cable coming down your garden and to your house, so if you've got two white boxes like the one pictured above, it must be split at entry to the property to supply this second box, which you've also got a splitter attached to, and this is supplying the box in question, the sab titan.
To recap the sab titan is getting fed from a split connection that has been split further down the vm cable

I'd get a powered 3 way splitter (downstairs - at entry) and a new length of cable (you can also use the existing one you have in place) from the powered splitter, to upstairs to supply both the superhub and titan box upstairs and to feed the subbed box downstairs

I have zgeema and tivo and the vm modem .
But only one line coming in .

What is the best way to split these atm only have one splitter and only use zgeema and modem . But I want the tivo working for recording (easier for the wife ) .

Can I use to spotters with a booster ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back