Samba Shares not working on OpenATV 5.3 from a Windows Machine

danmed

I should be able, from a Windows machine, navigate to the samba shares.. but when i do it just tells me it can't be accessed..I seem to be able to connect to them fine from a linux machine.. and it worked for Windows on OpenATV 5.1

thanks

Edit : I've taken a look at smb.cnf in /etc/samba and it looks like the paths should be set up correctly..
Edit 2 : I've attempted to start the samba server by running ./samba start from /etc/init.d it didn't error but it also hasn't fixed the problem.
Edit 3: SMBTree shows that the shares are there from the box itself
Edit 4: smbd and nmbd seems to be running when i run ps -ef | grep smbd
Edit 5: Installed th samba package.. has made no difference and there's no config (at least via the gui)
Edit 6: I've tried changing the smb.cnf to something simpler, but every time i do it just fails to start Samba again.
Edit 7: I'm going to cry :'(
Edit 8: It appears to only be a problem from my Windows 2012 R2 machines.. Windows 10 works fine.. What have i done there then... hmm

I can only assume something is buggered in the samba config file for OpenATV 5.3

Last edited:
OpenATV 5.3 should be ready set up, it's always worked for me.
What are you using to access the shares?
I type in the navigation bar of Windows Explorer the IP address in this format \\192.168.0.17 and it opens up no problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is a Windows Server 2012 R2 issue. I can access the samba shares fine from Windows 10 and i can mount it using CIFS in Linux.

Back