Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 connect to TV

Taylerlee

Can someone give me the definitive answer is the samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 mhl compatible so I can connect it to a tv via HDTV connector and HDMI cable. I dont want to pay £249 and it wont connect via hard wire. I have done some google research and some sites say YES but others most notable on the MHL site http://www.mhltech.org/devices.aspx?tid=1 left me doubting it. So if you know the answer please tell me!

Can someone give me the definitive answer is the samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 mhl compatible so I can connect it to a tv via HDTV connector and HDMI cable. I dont want to pay £249 and it wont connect via hard wire. I have done some google research and some sites say YES but others most notable on the MHL site http://www.mhltech.org/devices.aspx?tid=1 left me doubting it. So if you know the answer please tell me!
Hi dave100 I contacted the ebay seller referred to in the link and he confirmed the connector is NOT compatible with the Samsung tablet I referred to LOL so I still dont know the answer to my question.

Thanks Dave, I know connecting to a tv is not the main reason you buy a tablet but it would be handy for the grandson to watch iptv + Netflix and the rest at a larger scale. The problem is when you read the spec on the Samsung tablets it makes no mention of whether it is MHL compatible so it is pot luck if it is or not. When you read the reviews on Amazon of countless people who have bought adaptors to find they dont work with their tablet. Just glad I decided to do some research before I bought one.

Why not buy a cheaper tablet and then something like a Chromecast or a Firestick for the TV to watch IPTV/Netflix......just something to throw into the mix.

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is a very good tablet and is on offer for Black Friday at £159.

Why not buy a cheaper tablet and then something like a Chromecast or a Firestick for the TV to watch IPTV/Netflix......just something to throw into the mix.

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 is a very good tablet and is on offer for Black Friday at £159.
You read my mind, I bought him one of the £25 Firesticks (not got 4k TV) and will buy Chromecast dongle with samsung tablet. Even that is a minefield though not all are compatible! Thanks for your good advice.

If you have a Smart TV, the Samsung tablets have a Smart View option, you can use that to mirror the tablet onto the TV. Not sure if it is tablet/tv dependent, mine works with a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and an LG Smart TV. The only problem is, I can't get it to display as full screen.

I know that Chromecast will work with this tablet though.

If you have a Smart TV, the Samsung tablets have a Smart View option, you can use that to mirror the tablet onto the TV. Not sure if it is tablet/tv dependent, mine works with a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and an LG Smart TV. The only problem is, I can't get it to display as full screen.

I know that Chromecast will work with this tablet though.
Unfortunately its not for me, xmas present for Grandson so I have to iron out all the problems that he is bound to have. He is strictly plug n play, if it doesnt turn on its broken, buy another one!

Back