Sat Line glitching/freezing on certain channels (W and +1 channels)

It has to be the line providers or Sky themselves. I haven't touched my sat dish and today Comedy Central Extra has been spot on for me......yet the last few weeks have been unwatchable on this channel.

Unless the wind blew my dish out of alignment and has now blown it back?????

believe my its the line providers

i have one skybox and card and 2 x zgemma all same dish, getting 40+ % on the zgemma boxes, 90% on the sky box, if i swap the zgemma for the sky box on the same cable its fine

ive setup my own oscam server for testing purposes and the line is fine all channels

i guess its trying to find a good honest line provider.

why dont i use my own card your maybe thinking ! i only have one card and the other half would kill me if she couldnt use the legit box lol

Thanks for the info. I can't be arsed searching round for different sat lines anymore, if its had its day then how many sellers are actually going to care. IPTV is where the money is now. I have a decent IPTV provider so that will have to do. Just annoying as IPTV does have its issues at times.

The problem is with the lines, and ime the problem is widespread, perhaps even universal.

I asked here last month for nlines for oscam, and received only 3 offers, including one from a TKvet. All the lines delivered poor ecm times and glitched as expected. I also asked two other vets if they could help, both were kind to let me try theirs, but unfortunately those also glitched terribly for the same reason.

I then bought and tried more than half a dozen different clines/nlines on fleabay, taking special care to avoid new posters, or those with less than sterling feedback. Most were equally dreadful. A couple were better than the others, but they all glitch (when Animal Planet is on e.g.). Of course it is anybody's guess how long a fleabay line might last (beyond the complaint/feedback window).

Because I use oscam, it is easy to see each line's ecm performance in real time, and to see it swap/switch for the best line in action. I am now running 3 lines. It still glitch from time to time (for Animal Planet e.g.), and in fact Animal Planet + 1 is for all intent and purpose dead as a dodo at the moment, despite all 3 lines being "live" for other channels.

Does anybody really have a glitch free sat line delivering ok ecm 99.9% of the time (on Animal Planet e.g.) like we used to? If so I would be interested to hear it.

BTW I have a rock solid 75mbps fibre broadband, and 80%+ signal for both sat tuners.

Cheers!

Glad you have made this post and backed up what i was thinking.
instead some suppliers will have you thinking it is a signal problem or box etc.

i will second this request "Does anybody really have a glitch free sat line delivering ok ecm 99.9% of the time (on Animal Planet e.g.) like we used to? If so I would be interested to hear it."

If so feel free to message me.

my supplier only stopped days ago and only slight issues then,recent test surprised me of how bad things have got,but still stand over a box that is slightly off can worsen things.

HI Guys, For what its worth, as posted earlier, my line glitches . but put the line on my mates box and no glitching. 30 min test , same box same ISP .

but are the channels glitching/freezing ? regardless of signal ?

like i said i set up my own legit card and everything is smooth so you must have a good provider, if you want to share feel free lol

well did you fix your issue yet
comedy +1 working perfect snr 100% agc 86%

HI Guys, For what its worth, as posted earlier, my line glitches . but put the line on my mates box and no glitching. 30 min test , same box same ISP .

Yes some people seem to over complicate things with 4k boxes with oscam and bad server files, bad cables, loose connecters, dish not quite setup correct, lnb on its way out,

So you can only expect problems

Most of the HD channels as they need most of the setup to be over 90% correct

Last edited:
Just got a fresh line, ECM is at 99.9%! They're still about just have to ask around. The last provider I had was well glitchy and wouldn't believe it was on their end

Just got a fresh line, ECM is at 99.9%! They're still about just have to ask around. The last provider I had was well glitchy and wouldn't believe it was on their end

Are you sure we're on the same page? - the last twenty odd posts you have made have been in the VM ROI thread, this thread is concerning Satellite/Sky channels

Yes some people seem to over complicate things with 4k boxes with oscam and bad server files, bad cables, loose connecters, dish not quite setup correct, lnb on its way out,

So you can only expect problems

Most of the HD channels as they need most of the setup to be over 90% correct

well my fta hd channels bbc itv ch5 etc are at 86% snr and work perfect, its my line channels that are the problem, not all but some of the premium and mainly the +1
for example animal planet +1 54% snr and hardly working, black screen then it comes on for a minute then off

if it was any sort of hardware problem i doubt the fta hd would be running.

so if my dish, lnb etc are fine
and lets say my line is fine and all the others ive tested.
what else could cause the problem

Just got a fresh line, ECM is at 99.9%! They're still about just have to ask around.

I am getting nothing like such performance from the test line I got from the same provider today, for Animal Planet (under 75% just now). Animal Planet+1 was worse. When I reported the issue to the provider, the provider said this happens on lesser used channels, suggesting that only more popular channels will get better performance. :(

My question above therefore remains - does anybody really have a glitch free sat line delivering ok ecm 99.9% of the time (on Animal Planet e.g.) like we used to? If so I would be interested to hear it.

Cheers!

I am getting nothing like such performance from the test line I got from the same provider today, for Animal Planet (under 75% just now). Animal Planet+1 was worse. When I reported the issue to the provider, the provider said this happens on lesser used channels, suggesting that only more popular channels will get better performance. :(

My question above therefore remains - does anybody really have a glitch free sat line delivering ok ecm 99.9% of the time (on Animal Planet e.g.) like we used to? If so I would be interested to hear it.

Cheers!

I would keep on looking as there is good sat subs like there use to be

Make sure your system is setup correct as not setup correct you will never get a great reception

I can’t see people telling you there supplier

I would keep on looking as there is good sat subs like there use to be
I can’t see people telling you there supplier

How then is the question. I have asked here, and now 4 lines provided by TKvets have been glitchy. I also tried many on fleabay. As you can see from this thread, I am not the only one experiencing this - there might come a time when some might say no glitch free line is available any longer, while undeniably some sellers continue to advertise their lines as 99.9% glitch free, and some sellers blame buyers' systems for glitches.

If the sat line request thread here can't deliver reliable / glitch free line, shouldn't requesters be warned beforehand?

Make sure your system is setup correct as not setup correct you will never get a great reception

As mentioned up thread, I have a rock solid 75mbps fibre broadband, and my SNR/AGC are 86%/87% for Animal Planet +1, and 100%/91% for Animal Planet at the moment. I run oscam, so can see ecm times in real time, logged, and graphed, so the ecm spikes can be plainly observed, corresponding to glitches, and multiple lines (which I have) can be compared/switched.

None of the TKvets I got line from so far has blamed my system or box, which is not a cheapo. However, more than one have suggested that the reason is lines are now way oversold...

Last edited:
As I posted earlier, I am having numerous issues with my set up. This morning I tried a line from a seller on here (trial line) and had exactly the same issues (including no ESPN at all). I figured that, if a second supplier was OK, it must be my set up. I've even tried hooking up my old V8S box to check I wan;t having box issues, but the result was the same.

Having read other people's experiences maybe the issue is that most sellers are the same. That's a shame.

Getting the same. Did a rescan, which had W clearing, but then went dead pretty much straight away.

simple fact is most people on here are probably re sellers of over subscribed lines and because there is no money to be made from sky lines now they are all trying to sell you iptv which is sad really, iptv is the way forward now for hd and premium but lines are still good to have, it doesn't matter who your iptv provider is they will go down from time to time, sometimes 5min or could be 2 hours so then you are left with no tv at all, that's were the lines come in handy for back up.

i know they work smoothly still because i set up an oscam server with my own card just to test and prove a point to myself and none of the channels glitched like the animal planet etc.
i cant use it because its the only card in the house and my other half would kill me if she couldn't use the sky box for on demand and catchup etc.
and i cant justify paying an extra £12pm for multi screen just so i can share around the home.

if someone can come to me with a line that actually works as it should i would gladly pay that little extra. (feel free to pm me) lol

The problem I am finding is, the channels on the sly line that are playing up are also playing up on my IPTV, so it's clear to me that my provider is obviously using a sly line and then streaming that for IPTV.......they claim this is not the case, but it's too co-incidental. For example, Comedy Central glitches like hell on my Sly line, switch to IPTV and it does the same........but if I switch to Sly Sports for example or any other channel that is not on a Sly line then they play fine.

I know the obvious response will be get a new IPTV provider, but surely they are all going to be using the same sort of setup.

Back