Sat set up

"Flat roof with a pole" and you said it was hard lol

Pulling your leg m8 ;) But will she appreciate the effort :)

Believe me man it was. Still have to install the quad lnb on the sky dish and hook it all up by the Diseqc 4x1 switch. Simple enough that though. Also it's gone off the astra for some reason though today. I suspect it's because I forgot to tighten the bracket aroung the monoblock lnb though (which I did) :o

Latest update

Well I tried and tried to get the monoblock to work on astra and hotbird but could only get one or the other to come in by moving the dish round and changing the monoblock around. I had heard about using a single lnb on there and then soon as I hit Hotbird change to monoblock and it should be fine. Wish it was that easy!! Was at it for hours and hours and suspected the switch setup on the box might be the problem but after trying every configuration possible it was still not happening. We then decided to throw up one of these square sat dish yokes her old man bought in France recently (he's a gadget freak!) to use to point at hotbird and change the sat with monoblock to single lnb. After about two hours of a**ing around with that I could not get a signal on anything. Without my knowledge her old man went out and boght another dish with an lnb while I was getting frustarted with the stupid thing!! So we ended up just lashing that one up as well so have changed the lnb on the existing sly dish there to quad lnb, Thats going to my 4x1 switch under lnb 1 and the dish I did have my monoblock now has a single lnb straight at astra (nice strong signal) on lnb 2 and now the new dish straight at hotbird on lnb 3. And all works perfectly. Luckily it's a mansion of a gaff with a huge roof! Not happy the monoblock wouldn't work though.

Last edited:
Well all done now. Ran a cable from the switch to box and got a repeater for the wifi and lan to box. Worked a treat till someone in her gaff unplgged the bleedin thing last Tuesday and of course it didn't lock onto the wifi again (and she was not happy she missed Kendra!!), I think cos the signal is weak-ish where it is in relation to the router, so sorted that yesterday. Still trying to think of ways to get the monoblock going. Probably means bigger dish I would imagine. 1 or 1.1m. I put it all down to teething problems but the fairer of the species don't like that!!!:)
'What do you mean?! It's not a child'!!!!

Last edited:
Quite interval in between watching the terminator and seen your post :) A bigger dish is always helpful but you shouldn't need it as of yet for what you require.

Did you input into the receiver you are using a Diseqc switch. Most Monoblock's have Hotbird as Port A and Astra as Port B. When first installing, have you set hotbird first and input to the receiver you are using port A of a Diseqc 1 switch and look for the signal, for Astra tell the receiver you are using Port B and you should be near enough.

Check the instructions with your Monoblock, some models have Hotbird as A and Astra as B, where some are the other way round.

Last edited:
Chees mate. What did you think of the movie in the end??
I tried every type of configuration regarding the Diseqc ports on the box as I came to the conclusion thats where the problem lies but now you've mentioned about usually the monoblocks assign Hotbird to port A and astra to B I'll give that a bash during the week cheers man! I wasn't aware of that. I noticed going through the Diseqc settings on the box there was an option for Mini_A and Mini_B so I presume then this is the monoblock internal switch so and work on that basis. I wanted to try get Thor now also for Saturday 3pm prem maybe, so I could use the other new dish for that! Does Thor have these games do you know mate or can you recommend any other sat/stations??

Actually I've been checking out about the footy cheers mate and have a fair idea where I'll get it.

Last edited:
Back