sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml updater 2.5 beata

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsayers2014

VIP Member
sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml updater beata

18/02/2017 v2.9
Small bug fix for when no internet connection isnt present on boot
added to automatically download the lastest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml on reboot
uninstall V1.6 if installed then install V2.9

hi i have managed to create an ipk to install my latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml from my github branch what i would like is someone to test it. What this will do is swap the none working sat hd channels for vm so you only need one set of sky bouquets using Autobouquetsmaker and would like members to test it to see if the ipk downloads ok.

This should work on any box and enigma2 image using Autobouquetsmaker

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS BETA AND I WILL BE DOING MORE AMENDMENTS SO FOR NOW I WOULD LIKE THIS TO STAY PART OF THECKINGS SO PLEASE NO POSTING ON OTHER FORUMS OR FACEBOOK GROUPS.

so lets download my ipk from here View attachment enigma2-plugin-extensions-customupdater_2.9_all.rar unzip the enigma2-plugin-extensions-customupdater_2.9_all.rar file

ftp the ipk tmp

to install it on box

OpenATV
Menu... setup... software management... install local extension
memory/tmp
Press ok on the package
press green to install.

OpenVIX
Menu > setup > VIX > Iplkg install or install loca extenrions
memory/tmp
Press ok on the package
press green to install.

Your box should reboot and it should automatically download the latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

you now should have a sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom.
every time you restart the box it will download the latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml

now you need to set your bouquets
menu>setup>service searching>Autobouquets maker> providers my recommended settings are:

sky roi: yes
all other roi options to no
sky uk: yes
sky uk: area HD not custom or sd
generate bouquets yes
channel swap to yes
virgin uk: yes
virgin generate bouquets to no i have main bouquet to yes for epgrefresh
Press green to save.

In autobouqetesmarker you need to go to providers order sar_282_sky_uk needs to be at the top highlight it and press blue button to move it up once done press green to save now you can press start scan.

i would like to thank wooshman for helping me with the plugin and jasper1974, abu baniaz and Rossi for providing the original custom file that Ive edited without these wonderful people i wouldn't have known where to start so thank you guys hopefully others can enjoy these edits

PS people with my image already have a special update that has the downloader in abm so it will upload it daily ;)

anyone who has experience with python is more than welcome to suggest any recommendations

===========================================================================================================

A little update on this I've managed to update a script to download the custom file so we can set a crontimer to download the providers files daily.

Download this updatecustom.sh file
from here View attachment updatecustom.rar

OpenATV
Unzip and Ftp the updatecustom.sh to usr/script create the script folder if you haven't got one.

OpenVIX
Unzip and Ftp the updatecustom.sh to usr/scripts create the scripts folder if you haven't got one.

Now we need to start the script

Openatv

Menu, Info panel, plugins, job manager you should see updatecustom.sh press green to run

OpenVix
Menu, setup, vix, scriptrunner green to start the script

Now we need to set a crontimer to run the script

Menu > Timers > CronTimers (you may be prompted to install 'busybox-cron' - install this - box will restart)

Add a Cron Timer by pressing the Green button

Run How Often ? - Daily
Time To Execute Command Or Script - Whatever you prefer, I have 00:00
Command Type - predefined
In command to run you should see the updatecustom.sh
Press green to save then check if it says start on autostart if not yellow to start and blue to autostart
Now reboot box thats it it should download the custommix.xml daily

screen shots below

entertainment.jpg

movies.jpg

Last edited:
Will do this later on but not sure where i will find the portal button

press portal and click on sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml updater you should see file downloaded press exit

Can you help on this one? Will probably be obvious when trying to install it!

What box do you have? The portal button is for your plugins other boxes may have a different button if not press menu then goto plugins

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ----------

Edit looking at your recent posts your using my image this does it automatically in the background no need for the Plugin

Okay installed the plugin but can't find portal - how do I complete this step?

---------- Post Merged at 06:51 PM ----------

Hi dsayers
Yes using your image but the older version - the one before your most recent release which I remember you told me doesn't do this I think. I'm using the h2h box.

Okay done it now. If bouquets are already setup as per your guide on your image install instructions do I need to set them again or can this part be ignored. It looks like the same settings that were on your image install guide.

---------- Post Merged at 06:58 PM ----------

Ahh yes. Never noticed that button before!
All done now so will it update automatically now or will I need to go to the portal to update it when I want it updating?

The portal button on your remote

There the same settings so you can ignore them easiest way to find out if it's worked check the sports bouquet you should now have sky sports 1hd at the top I only edited this this morning

---------- Post Merged at 07:02 PM ----------

You will need to press update every time there's a new update I'll be working on an automatic feature ie weekly or monthly

All done but sky sports 1 HD is not at the top. I will check if the file has downloaded.

---------- Post Merged at 07:28 PM ----------

The file has downloaded and is in the folder but ss1hd is still at position 6 on the sports bouquet. Tried restarting the box but still the same.

---------- Post Merged at 07:51 PM ----------

Can you please PM me the link to your latest custommix.xml file so I can download it and try updating it manually see if that fixes the ss1hd channel?
The file goes in the same folder right?

Okay at work now but will try this tomorrow. After updating the custommix.xml file do you have to do a rescan in ABM? That is the one thing I haven't done.

Yes. Done a scan in ABM and the downloaded version has worked. SS1hd is at the top where it should be. Always something simple! Great work dsayers and thanks for the help - again!!!

file updated tasted 3 times to make sure

I got four questions.

1) Whats so special about this updated custom sat/vermin list from the old one from your backup?

2) Will i need to install this to get the update from my box box or will your backup in this section already have the update?

3) I'm not from roi so do i still have to have it set to 'yes' for this update to work or can i leave it 'no'?

4) It's not relating to this thread but i was wondering if you could tell me how to perform a backup with your image as i wanted to make sure i don't lose all my customised features from your image?

Thank you

You don't need this if your using my backup that does this for you in the background every time you run abm. I'm at work but I'll post in my image thread on how to make a backup

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You don't need this if your using my backup that does this for you in the background every time you run abm. I'm at work but I'll post in my image thread on how to make a backup

Excellent that's fine then loving your backup.

I do sometimes get a slow response when i press favourite after staying on a channel for a long time. I guess that's due to the image version the backup is on.

Was wondering if there is a more a stable version..

Thanks for that it will be helpful as i do have a lot of modded features with your backup and just want to make sure i don't lose them in the future.

Please can you check if your tuner A CBeebies works?

I get sid not found :(

I performed a scan but don't know where to find it
Ok I will do I've tried to pm you I've updated the guide for creating a backup for the slow channel changes it seems when changing from vm to sat or the other way round it seems to take time to activate the line.
Please post anymore questions about my image in my backup thread

Last edited:
I'm not sure how many people are using this but I'm thinking of having 2 plugins one to have channel numbers on epg the other without what does everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back