Football Feeds Live On Satellite

Anyone with motorised or multi sat wanting to watch the Sky Sports Football EPL Championship games live and with English commentary can do so on Sportdigital HD on 19e, Still cant find anywhere on Euro sats that have the PL games in english.

Still cant find anywhere on Euro sats that have the PL games in english.

You won't either as the PL brought a rule out about a decade ago prohibiting European broadcasters from carrying the English audio soundtrack unless English is a recognised spoken language within that country. Also restricted them to one 3pm KO.

Neither rule applies to rest of world broadcasters or domestic cup competitions where eg. Nova Sport on 23.5e often broadcast English commentary.

Eurosport Romania was showing EPL games in english only a few years ago, it was big news at the time, it did only last a few months though, but yes you are correct in what you say above , I used to purchase a jsc sports card every year in the early days of c/s and there would be a different EPL game on each of their channels on a saturday afternoon at 3, I remember this as all of my sons, who all then still lived at home at that time, would be fighting over who to watch, I am going back to 2004 to 2010 though.

I remember when Movistar or D+ merged with somebody (think it might've been a cable operator perhaps) and beIN Espana first came on 19.2e. Was probably about 4 or 5 years ago. They were broadcasting English audio from around spring until the end of the season.

Movistar got hit with a ban by the PL on their 3pm's a few years back for showing too many or some kind of infringement. They also used to have a show called the Carousel at 3pm on Saturdays alongside their live match where they'd ground hop between the games as the goals went in. Was only in SD whilst the main game was HD but quite decent if you were a neutral.

I remember when Movistar or D+ merged with somebody (think it might've been a cable operator perhaps) and beIN Espana first came on 19.2e. Was probably about 4 or 5 years ago. They were broadcasting English audio from around spring until the end of the season.

Movistar got hit with a ban by the PL on their 3pm's a few years back for showing too many or some kind of infringement. They also used to have a show called the Carousel at 3pm on Saturdays alongside their live match where they'd ground hop between the games as the goals went in. Was quite decent if you were a neutral.
Yeah, I remember that, could never get to watch it because someone in the house would be watching a live game, I had 2 Liverpool, 1 Man utd, 1 Sunderland, I am a Celtic and West Ham fan, so there was always a choice to be made, 2 daughters would chip in too, Chelsea would be who they wanted to watch, in those days Celtic home games would always be on Polstat Sport on 13e and Sport Ro on 1w.

Hi Mike, what size dish do you use and roughly what is you location? Also what type is it as not all dishes of the same size perform equally

I'm in NI, I have a 1m Aluminium offset dish, got it about 25 years ago, currently using an Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB, best LNB I've had for feeds, any dish 1m or over will get most feeds, depends on the weather too, 1.2m would be better.
If you can get the 2 FTA racing feeds on Eutelsat 7°E - 11178 v 3674 & 11184 v 3674, (11178 is usually weaker) then you know your dish is set up properly, I can just about get these feeds today, (60% SQ on both), if it was raining I wouldn't get a signal.

Nothing there, recently replaced 1.1 meter dish on roof with a 85cm Penta square thing as the Triax keeps destroying motors in the strong winds. May need a rethink

Nothing there, recently replaced 1.1 meter dish on roof with a 85cm Penta square thing as the Triax keeps destroying motors in the strong winds. May need a rethink
No signal now on those feeds, (some light rain here). I have my dish low down so I can reach up and clean the face of the LNB - (LAT 54.5). The aluminium dish is light so not sore on the motor, I've the same motor for about 20 years now, it's a Cryptik Digital H-H Mount V-bracket - you can't get them anymore, if it finally gives up I'd probably buy a STAB Motor as it's similar to the one I've got.

glorious her Mike, 52.5 latitude here so not much in it. I have The 1.1 metre dish is aluminium but its not the weight, its the winds which usually blow from out your way and the fact I usually have the dish side on to it seems to cause wind shear issues.
I believe the cryptic motor was made by Stab. I have one in the garage along and a manhatten which is identical to it and they are both the same as the stab which I have on the roof. This stab is a temporary one as my 12 month old Stab is back in Italy under warranty after it died in high winds. Been there for 3 months now, everyone in Italy must be ill, LOL. My motor before was a 36 volt one that was up over 25 years until the wind whipped the bit that the dish goes onto clean off, amazingly the it ended up swinging on the 2 coax cables.
II decided not to put the triax back up for now and tried this Penta 85 cm which is supposed te perform like a 1 metre. Its perfectly aligned but I would say its more like 90cm. Good job it was only £6 including a Technomate motor and a £30 TK bracket.
Going to get the Triax back into shape ready to go up for the pre-season if they are bothering with pre season this year.
Anyway, if the feeds that you post on here are all good on on1.1 metre in Ireland then I think I should be Ok here.

Hi Mike, whats the signal like on that for you, taking the Penta 85cm dish down and putting the triax back up this weekend with some bracing on it to prevent the wind problems. Zero signal for me with the supposed 1metre equivalent penta

Back