1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

Satellite Tuning (No signal)

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by kingnesh, Oct 27, 2018.

1. kingnesh

kingnesh Registered

Hi all,

Had an issue the last few days with satellite channels breaking up or not working. This morning none of the sat channels are working and when I try to tune them it says unable to locate signal on tuner C and tuner D. I get no SNR or signal lock on either of the two sat tuners but both cable tuners work fine. Running Wooshbuild Infinity one Xtrend ET8500.

Cheers

2. kegnkiwi

kegnkiwi Registered

Has your dish moved? It has been windy the last few days.

3. thecrazybandit

thecrazybandit Registered

Male
    A quick way to check is try another box and check the signal strength is that does not work you will need to check dish alignment coax or LNB

mike142 likes this.
  4. kingnesh

kingnesh Registered

Cheers. I’m going to borrow someone’s sky box to see if I get anything. Hopefully that should establish if it’s my box/tuners or the LNB

5. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Will be one of 3 things,cable connections/dish or lnb

kingnesh likes this.
  6. kingnesh

kingnesh Registered

Cheers. Borrowed a box I know that works and it says no signal so it’s pointing towards LNB.

Now need to get a new one ordered and see if it fixes things.

Thanks for the help guys.

moshibeth likes this.
  7. linesman66

linesman66 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Check your dish alignment before you
    Purchase l.n.b l.n.b fault will cause
    Fluctuation off your s.n.r or you will
    only recieve certain channels on the
    V side off the transponder or h side

8. kingnesh

kingnesh Registered

Cheers for all the help guys. New LNB turned up, fitted it and all is working well.

rapidwrinkly likes this.
  9. r_h blade

r_h blade Registered

Hi guys
    Just had a new lnb fitted as all my channels had no signal in both my rooms. In one room I have a sky+hd box and all looks fine but in the other I have a blade7000 combo and I am not able to get some channels like pick+1. Confused as the sky box has got it tried the frequency from kingofsat but its not picking it up, any clues
    Thanks

10. r_h blade

r_h blade Registered

Help needed
    Any thoughts about my post above
    Thanks

11. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

move box to other room to see if it works there.
    WARNING POWER OFF BEFORE MESSING WITH CABLES ETC.
    no movement on kingofsat but plenty of new movement on many in red.

12. r_h blade

r_h blade Registered

Thanks for the reply really appreciated. Will move the box to the other room after the football but didnt understand the point about plenty of movement on many in red? Is it like kingofsat typed in google found nothing?

13. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

If using many of those non working channels they wont clear as the info is wrong,recent movement is shown in red confirms it went recently,whereas older dates are on older channels last moved.
    Say you scanned your box 3 years ago any movement since then will leave a non working channel until a fresh scan is done and working channels return.

The sat bible i call it
    https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

14. r_h blade

r_h blade Registered

Yeah thought the same did fresh scans but it seemed like certain channels on a particular frequency wasnt getting picked up. Mainly I found was 12207.00 wasnt getting picked up on a scan.

15. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Did you try scanning in other room where other box works,

16. r_h blade

r_h blade Registered

Will be doing so after the football and will give a response on here after ive fiddled around with it.

17. r_h blade

r_h blade Registered

**update**
    Put my current box in the other room and got all the sat channels. So came back in to the current room put the cables in and the channels that were working in the other room were not now. Interestingly the channels not working all had vertical transponders?

18. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

So sky+hd works in the place where blade does not suggests lnb/cable/and dish are fine
    Can you input all data on the channel not working and run a manual scan?

19. r_h blade

r_h blade Registered

Where the sky+hd box works is where I put my blade box and it worked all fine but in the other room where the blade originally is the vertical transpnder channels dont work. I have tried manually in this room and now it isnt even picking up the channels on these particular transponders.

20. r_h blade

r_h blade Registered

Mind that this has only happened since my old lnb got replaced but guy installing put an lnb that he said was new but didnt look so. Cant be the cable as it was working intil last lnb died.