scanning/updated categories question

ruud82

Hi all,

I'm looking for some assistance to help me set up my dads bm5000s.

Basically, as you know there have been some frequency changes lately which affect bt sports etc.

Now i've managed to find these channels again. (Not exactly sure how, but some sort of frequency scan), However they now seem to be lumped at the very bottom of the all channels list. The bt sports etc that remain under the sports category are on the old frequency and dont work therefore not very user friendly for my old dad.

I was hoping that someone can explain the steps to me whereby i can undertake a regular simple scan (say weekly) which pick up the latest channels and automatically drops them into the correct categories?

Thanks

and you know some hd channels are now gone:(
all a rescan does is overwrite wrong data info channel tp etc and rewrites their new positions.

and you know some hd channels are now gone:(
all a rescan does is overwrite wrong data info channel tp etc and rewrites their new positions.

Yeah mate. I saw that. Its a real shame, especially when i'm new to this. As long as SD remains for a while i'll not be too upset i guess.

Yes regarding the bt sports, i followed some instructions about changing a frequency (under tp menu i think) and it has found the channels but i'm just wondering if there's any simple way for putting the updated channels (with new frequencies) into the right place on this box?

I dont have the box to hand to play with, i'm over at my dads for an hour or so ebery weekend so it would be good to go armed with an idea of what i need to do. :woohoo:

I've had a look but can't find what i'm looking for. Would probably help if i knew what i was looking for.

Hopefully bees csn give me a pointer.

The starting point i'm looking for is to be able to do 'something' that brings up all the latest channels on their current frequcencies for me. Whatever it was that i did to find bt sports and espn on their new frequencies just dumped them at the very bottom of the all channels list however it also left the old versions in that same list as well as in the 'sports' section.

What i need to do is to ensure that the non-working versions dissapear and the new versions replace them in the all channels list as well as the sports list.

Probably an easy task for those familiar with the box.

as i said a whole sat scan should erase old to be replaced with new infodont factory reset=deep crap happens lol

:binoculars::binoculars:http://www.techkings.org/blade-media-bm5000s/53685-guide-how-set-up-blade-media-bm5000s.html

Ah, this was the first thing i tried mate when the channels dissapeared. It didnt work. I had to manually punch in the new frequency to get it. Ive since tried a full rescan but the old ones still there and seems to take priority. Possibly got an option set to the wrong thing somewhere.

You can use blade online channel lists, but they usually lag behind
by a week or so.

You need to to a manual scan on the new TP (transponder)
you can get the frequencies from king of sat.

As you mentioned the channel will now be at the end of the "All" category.

Then you use the channel editor in the menu to move the now working channel
to the category you want, sport, HD or both etc. (use the FAV button)

You can also delete the old (not working) channel and also move the new one
up and down the list in the chosen category.

It is pretty straight forward and you can move more than one channel at a time
for instance I done BT sport HD 1 & 2 and boxnation yesterday.

I will post a bit of a guide tomoz with some pics

Lol. You guys crazy!

Sounds like i haven't done much wrong then. Does this mean that i will need to always keep an eye on king of sat website for all changes then to manually save them?

Mini guide would be appreciated though. Thanks bees.

Depends what channels move, BT 1 & 2 moved and I watch alot of sport
so I updated manually.

If channles move that you don't really watch then just wait
for blade online to update their channel list and use that.

Back