Scrapping IPTV - Going with BT TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is IPTV is never going to be as reliable has cs well not just yet anyway, has the feeds where directly from the satellite and only used server to unlock channels. IPTV a lot of people say they have there own server even on here when they don't and they sell cheap mainly being a reseller and reason they are cheap is because of poor service in recent months and they reduce the price accordingly.
There are only a few decent iptv providers out there most are just streams that are not there own has if you have tests of many of them they are all the same. Lots have problems showing the premier league games one thing I have never had with iptv. Hope all works out dt99 I have also bt box and sub as well has iptv.

Trouble is IPTV is never going to be as reliable has cs well not just yet anyway, has the feeds where directly from the satellite and only used server to unlock channels. IPTV a lot of people say they have there own server even on here when they don't and they sell cheap mainly being a reseller and reason they are cheap is because of poor service in recent months and they reduce the price accordingly.
There are only a few decent iptv providers out there most are just streams that are not there own has if you have tests of many of them they are all the same. Lots have problems showing the premier league games one thing I have never had with iptv. Hope all works out dt99 I have also bt box and sub as well has iptv.

How do you rate the BT box,?

It's a good box as it's made by Humax but the youview software can have a mind of it's own sometimes. Does some weird things.....drives the wife mental lol

It's a good box as it's made by Humax but the youview software can have a mind of it's own sometimes. Does some weird things.....drives the wife mental lol

Can't be any worse than IPTV at the minute, she doesn't watch sport, just the Sly channels and she is constantly screaming at it, looping, pixelating, channel down.....that's what made her finally say get rid of it and get Sly back.

Looked at Sly and Virmin and the prices are extortionate, so that's how we ended up at BT.

nothing major, just series link hiccups etc

I used to work for Sky and have friends that still work there that can get me the full package for £40pm but I refuse to give them a single penny of my money lol

Worst thing about BT is constant price rises and call centres in everyones favourite part of the world. I've been with them 3 times in the past few years and never made it longer than a few months before a price rise lets me leave and I've usually had that many problems by that point I bin it off.

My IPTV price is pretty much at the top end of the scale but I ended up there due to wanting it to be easy for the wife & kids. It has it's hiccups but nothing like you're describing. It just works 99% of the time with no EPL black out and no VPN required.

How do you rate the BT box,?

It is ok mate your wife will like it has she can record and get catch up etc and you can go back on the epg and play some shows you've missed.
Bt sports 4k is good especially for the champions league but need 38meg of download speed minimum. Also no wifi on box ethernet or homeplugs only which can be a slight issue for some people.

I've never missed any epl games on iptv and no vpn needed on the server I use is one of the best and I've tested loads over the last few years.

I use my zgemma still with what's left and anything else I can get on iptv. It can be ropey at times I agree that's why I use sat to keep the kids happy. I watched the fight last night perfect from my supplier and it's watchable most other times.but I would not use it for free view or the like

12 months ago I would have agreed that iptv was unstable, unreliable, frustrating, poor quality, but cheap. Now it is still very reasonable price wise and the quality is great. They use to advertise 99% up time which was very 'tongue in cheek' now as far as I am concerned its pretty accurate, plus the FHD is as near 'full hd' as makes no difference. So sorry, dt99 that you didnt find the quality supplier, but they are out there. Even so you still need the right connections and box. Sometimes even then it can wind you up, example, yesterday one of my subs went down as 'Hay was walking into the ring' solution, switched to backup sub, fight was perfect including result! PS main sub was back on this morning but I would always recommend having 2 subs.

12 months ago I would have agreed that iptv was unstable, unreliable, frustrating, poor quality, but cheap. Now it is still very reasonable price wise and the quality is great. They use to advertise 99% up time which was very 'tongue in cheek' now as far as I am concerned its pretty accurate, plus the FHD is as near 'full hd' as makes no difference. So sorry, dt99 that you didnt find the quality supplier, but they are out there. Even so you still need the right connections and box. Sometimes even then it can wind you up, example, yesterday one of my subs went down as 'Hay was walking into the ring' solution, switched to backup sub, fight was perfect including result! PS main sub was back on this morning but I would always recommend having 2 subs.

I know what you mean, I'm just past caring about it now. For example, at the minute I have 2 subs. 1 of them, pretty much every HD channel has been looping constantly. Supplier says, all fine here, reboot your router......I must be rebooting my router about 20 times a day, they are just talking bollocks.

2nd provider, no looping, but I just keep getting pixelating and it makes it unwatchable.

1st provider has been spot on for months and suddenly it's all gone wrong, but it's never their fault, it's always my fault. I just think, why am I paying money just to keep rebooting my router, I want to watch TV not have an exercise class constantly getting up and down to switch the bloody router off and on.

I honestly only use IPTV for sport, everything else is on Freeview. I'm just fep up with being fed shit by suppliers, I wouldn't mind if people held their hands up and said, yes, it's actually my fault, but it's always my box or my internet or something else.

Best excuse I had is, your internet is dropping out, absolute rubbish, how come every other internet connected device is still working. Oh, next doors microwave can interrupt IPTV.....WTF!!!!!!! Maybe on WiFi but not on a wired connection.......too many cowboys out there at the minute and it's just too much hassle.

I'm sat watching Freeview now and I don't have to reboot my router, stand on 1 leg, whistle the national anthem or do a Mexican wave to get a good picture.

I'm sure there are genuine, decent suppliers out there....my latest sub is from a guy on here and he is dead helpful, but it's just not enough. My main sub, had it about 6 months.....5 months have been perfect but the last month has been a piss take.....excuse after excuse.

Plenty of free options on Kodi etc, I watched the Chelsea v Liverpool game today on a free app and the quality was better than IPTV!!

Last edited:
Sport is decent.. on a couple of servers I have trialled.. But the Mrs and kids wanna turn tv on, and watch tv..
Not asking much . But getting grief off the family .. My answer to the 3 of them.. pay sky yaself... don't think I am paying for ya holiday . ( luke)

some fine posts on here and all spot on .we all lke a dabble..
bit of a tatter myself ,self taught and assisted by some great guys & gals on here ,
in a bit of a hole myself at the minute ,been with supplier for some yrs via all the methods of receiving tv ,but now think he's s****ing on me after be so loyal, got him numerous members & now there saying get my own vpn "total b***ox" i know some stuff,and have come along way after being with the tech king team for some yrs now , feel really peed that these guys think were mugs ,just about to dump him and his posse ,and always remember there's ways forward ,iptv is fine as all the previous have mentioned bit frustrating but get the right team/supplier and it's fine , good luck
regards idledawn

ps back up subs essential
thns

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand why people don't want to share details, but all these constant posts from people saying there are good suppliers out there just annoy people. I must have been through about 15 providers and none of them were close to perfect. They started off well but soon got worse.

If services are so good and people are genuine then why would they not want you to sign up, the only people who ever say come and sign up with me are the shit ones. Why are the good ones not begging you to sign up, I know they can't advertise but there are other ways.

There are 'dodgy' sites out there where you can get 3 months of IPTV for £5......I know people who use them. Basically hacked logins, so why pay £15-£20 a month just to be fed lies when everything goes wrong.

All this is why I have given up. Too much hassle, too many dodgy sellers who want a quick quid.

I can understand why you've given up on it dt99 - there's many a time my Missus has told me to pay for Sly instead of all the rebooting, server going down for big events etc. But it's still amazing value for money.

To anyone reading the thread doubting IPTV I'd suggest getting a provider with a chat page where other customers are giving feedback/posting problems. That way you can be sure the issue is at your end coz if not the complaints would be rolling in.

I can understand why you've given up on it dt99 - there's many a time my Missus has told me to pay for Sly instead of all the rebooting, server going down for big events etc. But it's still amazing value for money.

To anyone reading the thread doubting IPTV I'd suggest getting a provider with a chat page where other customers are giving feedback/posting problems. That way you can be sure the issue is at your end coz if not the complaints would be rolling in.

Be warned with this though, my long term supplier has a support page. Put a post up saying something is not working and within seconds it's been deleted!!

He then replies by private message on his support page.

I used to be with a supplier who used Facebook, same again, comment about bad service and it got deleted......in the end I got banned for complaining about how poor the service was.

I complained over certain issues .
Freezing. Loss of channels not updating vod. for literally months .
I always am polite..
then I got a email telling me to find a new provider.
This was during demise of c/share.
Didn't bother me too much.but i was paying top end prices for a poor service..

lesson learned.
Take lots of tests before committing...

Last edited:
F**k me, I have decided one last chance, so I now have IPTV running on a cheap, crappy FireStick and it's been running perfect for the past hour!!!!

I have been using a Minix Neo U1 box and it just can't handle IPTV, cost £100, Smart TV, can't handle IPTV......even my Formuler F1 was struggling at times so I sold it.

Last ditch attempt with a £30 FireStick and so far it's running spot on.....what is going on. How can a small stick with tiny spec outperform a £100 Android box with double the spec!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back