Scrapping IPTV - Going with BT TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean, I'm just past caring about it now. For example, at the minute I have 2 subs. 1 of them, pretty much every HD channel has been looping constantly. Supplier says, all fine here, reboot your router......I must be rebooting my router about 20 times a day, they are just talking bollocks.

2nd provider, no looping, but I just keep getting pixelating and it makes it unwatchable.

1st provider has been spot on for months and suddenly it's all gone wrong, but it's never their fault, it's always my fault. I just think, why am I paying money just to keep rebooting my router, I want to watch TV not have an exercise class constantly getting up and down to switch the bloody router off and on.

I honestly only use IPTV for sport, everything else is on Freeview. I'm just fep up with being fed shit by suppliers, I wouldn't mind if people held their hands up and said, yes, it's actually my fault, but it's always my box or my internet or something else.

Best excuse I had is, your internet is dropping out, absolute rubbish, how come every other internet connected device is still working. Oh, next doors microwave can interrupt IPTV.....WTF!!!!!!! Maybe on WiFi but not on a wired connection.......too many cowboys out there at the minute and it's just too much hassle.

I'm sat watching Freeview now and I don't have to reboot my router, stand on 1 leg, whistle the national anthem or do a Mexican wave to get a good picture.

I'm sure there are genuine, decent suppliers out there....my latest sub is from a guy on here and he is dead helpful, but it's just not enough. My main sub, had it about 6 months.....5 months have been perfect but the last month has been a piss take.....excuse after excuse.

Plenty of free options on Kodi etc, I watched the Chelsea v Liverpool game today on a free app and the quality was better than IPTV!!

Sounds like not own server and they are not in control and don't have there own streams, seems a familiar theme on here most people think just because they are a tk veteran etc they are genuine and have there own server and streams where really they are just resellers when stream plays up has you say mate they should be able to switch to another stream or have there own stream to fixed direct.

Sounds like not own server and they are not in control and don't have there own streams, seems a familiar theme on here most people think just because they are a tk veteran etc they are genuine and have there own server and streams where really they are just resellers when stream plays up has you say mate they should be able to switch to another stream or have there own stream to fixed direct.

I'd love to find a seller who is fully in control but finding rocking horse shit is easier.

I'd love to find a seller who is fully in control but finding rocking horse shit is easier.

If you do find a true seller.let my mum know. She lives in Portugal and home and away buffers

Be warned with this though, my long term supplier has a support page. Put a post up saying something is not working and within seconds it's been deleted!!

He then replies by private message on his support page.

I used to be with a supplier who used Facebook, same again, comment about bad service and it got deleted......in the end I got banned for complaining about how poor the service was.

The provider I use has a Telegram page so complaints can't be deleted - he's on the ball with it and it's good coz it's transparent and all his work is there for everyone to see. Not that he seems that kind of guy anyway, he wants to provide the service we pay for and when it goes wrong he's more annoyed with himself than any of his customers are with him.

Alexa a bit of a beast at the mo, processor spot on & seems to handle lots with ease, thats providing supplier is a quick uh! Uh!
Been up & Down with my providers lately more times than woolworths lifts, oh dear theyve closed down, wish some of these sh**e suppliers would , then give us the service we really deserve
Good annoying fun though
Regards
Idledawn

yes, it was tbh.

@wheelo i was of the opinion that comments saying how good their mates cable / sat / iptv server was simply inviting pms asking who their provider was?

i'm all good for that if it's ok :grin:

There was one earlier in the thread that was OTT, but people can comment on how good, bad or indifferent their server is, as long as they are not selling.
Just report stuff, we'll make a decision based on what we see.

Cheers

I always judge a supplier on epg, I know it sounds strange but I know how much of a ballache the bells n whistles take to set up and tweak, anybody in it for the short term usually can't be bothered to put that amount of effort in, UK EPG maybe but when you have EPG for pretty much every woldwide category that's takes serious effort.

I've been through so many suppliers to get to wherr I am now, my original was a longstanding member on here, used to use him for VM CS..........then he disappears for 3 weeks and eventually sends an email out saying a server chage was the reason for outgae..........all well n good buuuuut you coulda sent me an email 3 weeks ago!

Just surprising to hear a forum vet not being able to find a reliable server as I know you guys usually have access to the ones that don't advertise to new members etc

I have a backup line through a normal website I found through Google and is proper cheap.......I rarely use it but when I do its faultless. Think you've just been unlucky pal :(

I'm using a firestick which beats my Vu+duo 2 hands down to watch
eye/pea/tv.
Supplier has own forum page and gets back to you very quickly. It does play up on times but if you want glitch free you need to go legit.
I know the frustration you going through with the family moaning but it's a big saving though.

I know, I don't expect 100% perfect service, but when it's at the point where you can't watch a channel for constant problems clearly something is wrong. I get how hard it is for sellers, I really do, when someone reports a fault but no one else does what can you do....I know there is only so much you can do.

I spent all day yesterday trying to find a fault and nothing, no faults with internet anywhere, BT can't find anything, I can't find anything. I know for certain the fault is not at my end, it can't be, no one can find any fault with my setup or internet.

Posted on the request thread once again and I am working through trials. BT TV order is on hold for now.....giving IPTV one last chance.

Funniest part is certain sellers contacting me by PM giving me sh!t just because I didn't sign up with them after a trial.....you know who you are.........maybe think of the reason why I didn't sign up. Stupid comments about me wasting their time.
:fuckyou::fuckyou:

Hi dt99,

She has taken out a deal with BT for £20 month. Gives us all the sly channels we watch, plus BT sport in 4k.

Do you have a link to this deal ?
Thanks

Hi dt99,

She has taken out a deal with BT for £20 month. Gives us all the sly channels we watch, plus BT sport in 4k.

Do you have a link to this deal ?
Thanks

Sorry I don't, it was all done on the phone.

Thank you to everyone that has PM'd me about new trials. I have made the decision to walk away, I am not bothering any more, I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Now, this next statement will no doubt cause arguments and offence to some people, but here goes.

IPTV IS RUBBISH....END OF........THIS IS MY OPINION, YOU ARE WELCOME TO YOUR OWN.......THERE ARE TOO MANY BAD SELLERS OUT THERE. ANYONE CONSIDERING IPTV, DONT BOTHER.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have said it countless times..
.90% of my tv viewing is terrorsrial .

10% iptv & vod.
My current provider keeps in touch regards any down time. If services are upgraded to IE Catchup he lets me know. Movies via sky I don't watch as I fill a stick up and share with the chaps I work with..

Vod is getting very good. with a request section.

Football. ppv I have had freezing or looping .99% I flick a channel to find the same game.the only headache is uk tv. Which is where freeview comes in handy..
My box reacts quicker than my B&O TV...
I can record on z7+ for what I pay I am more than happy. . Good luck with
BT Vision.. I am not offended by your opinion..and respect your views..

Back to topic, my iptv provider has been very up to scratch then by the looks of things, i don't have any back up streams for any of the channels because they all work 100%, find a provider who doesn't share there streams with other providers and only uses there own, then you will find the true power of iptv my friend.

Would like to apologise to members regards comments i made earlier on this thread.. .
Stuss..

Last edited:
Back to topic, my iptv provider has been very up to scratch then by the looks of things, i don't have any back up streams for any of the channels because they all work 100%, find a provider who doesn't share there streams with other providers and only uses there own, then you will find the true power of iptv my friend.

Yeah, because it's that simple. Providers who use their own sources are impossible to find and whenever someone puts a comment on like this, they have no intention of telling you who to use.

Everyone claims to use their own streams that's the problem.

If I were to say can anyone who owns their own streams please PM me, I guarantee within minutes my inbox would be rammed full of sellers claiming to have a freeze free server that never goes off, with every channel in the world, 101% uptime, VOD including movies that have not even been made yet, all for 50p a year.

This is my point, I don't doubt that there are brilliant sellers out there but they are near impossible to find.....yes, take trials, but I must have done 20-30 trials, probably more and most of the time they all just resell the same crap.

The only way to guarantee someone who is in charge of their own streams is to use something like Now TV or Netflix.

Here's a suggestion, anyone reading this post, if your server is that good, genuinely that good, let me try it for 1 week...free of charge......more chance of hell freezing over than this happening. If your server is that good then prove it, give me a free week.....if it's that good you know I will sign up, so backup your claim.

I'm sick of doing 24 hr trials that proves nothing, sign up for a month, service is poor and you have then lost £10-£15. You do this several times a month and you may as well pay Sky.

I guarantee no one will take up that challenge!! Your choice, cos if your service is that good I will have loads of people queueing at your door to sign up, trust me.

Last edited:
Yeah, because it's that simple. Providers who use their own sources are impossible to find and whenever someone puts a comment on like this, they have no intention of telling you who to use.

That is why most sellers will constantly make excuses when you encounter a problem because at the end of the day they have no control because they are not the source.

I see this logo:
w8DAuKe.png

on so many services. Its obvious its some sort of watermark by a source of some kind.

Nail, meet head.
Anyone who has genuinely got a 100% stable iptv service isn't gonna tell anyone about it because why would you want lots of extra users sharing the same streams?
The only ones who are going to tell you who their supplier is are those out to make a few quid from you and the server will be the same as the other 90% - dung

Nail, meet head.
Anyone who has genuinely got a 100% stable iptv service isn't gonna tell anyone about it because why would you want lots of extra users sharing the same streams?
The only ones who are going to tell you who their supplier is are those out to make a few quid from you and the server will be the same as the other 90% - dung

Totally agree and this is the problem.

I guarantee no one replies to my request. No one is willing to stake a claim on their service being that good.

Point is, if a genuine provider is out there and reads this, then why would you not want me to pay for your service.....reason being is because you want resellers to deal with it for you.....that way you take the money in and they deal with all the abuse when things go wrong.

It's just like any other business in this world....the guy at the top wants all the money but none of the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back