Cable Screen glitching

Louism92

Hi all,

I've done a bit of reading up on other peoples screen glitching but haven't found a case similar to mine.

I occasionally experience screen glitching at completely random times, right now i have the Villa/Hull game on and its perfect, but at any random time for random periods the screen will start to glitch, not freeze which would indicate an internet/provider issue.

I'm running 5-2400 splitters, there are 2 installed currently, one straight off the main feed which in the the living room, i have a h2h running off that then another splitter which is based in the 'man cave', the cable between here and the living room is what VM put in for me 3/4 years ago as i have the router put in the man cave, then i have the router and another box running off that splitter.

What do you think could be the problem? my grandfather and a friend who i provided a box to have the same problem too but it seems my case isn't as severe as there at most times.

FYI
All boxes are running Wooshbuild v6 if that means anything.

Any help and advice is appreciated :)

What brand of splitters are you using, also what cables?

Take a look at the cable box fa in my thread for some tips.

Just checked my ebay account for the details:

One of them is 'ElectroSmart' which is actually 5-2450, the other seems to be unbranded and is 2-2500, i'm guessing that's going to be a possible problem?

The cables are what come with the splitter kits i bought, they aren't as thick as the cable that VM put in, again guessing that may be one of the problems too?

I'll take a look at your thread later on, i'm currently out of the house so couldn't have a mess about if i seen something useful to my problem.

My thread actually warns about those Electrosmart splitters and the type of cables they come with - these wont be helping at all.

Looks like a change of the splitters may help the problem then, i'll see how i get on then report back in if i get any issues, thanks bud.

No problem - my cable faq advises which splitters and cables are best to use when you get a moment to check it out ;)

I've just purchased the wire and kit you suggested, will make it myself. I also purchase 3 Labgear splitters, hopefully this sorts out the problems!

What setting would the cutting tool need to be on? I understand the blades should be set to what i need it to be on but if not the adjustments are made with the hex key.

The hex key is for changing the blade so that's not needed - the plastic part with the cut outs just slides out then find the best one for the cable you're using :)

The cable i purchased was what you suggested in your faq, the Webro WF100. Is this cable rg6, rg59..? Sorry if the question doesn't make sense, i just want to clear up what setting the orange plastic block on the cutting tool needs to be on for this cable before i start tearing the wire to pieces lol!

Thanks for your help today too, really appreciate it

Last edited:
Its RG6 mate :(y):
I have all the wf 100 cable, ends and cable crimpers if any members need a cable making up :)

Thanks Dave :(y):

I should be ok making as much cable as i need from now, it looks simple enough, if for any reason i can't do it myself i'll pm you :)

I'm back guys :(

The glitching continues, it only seems to be the sports channels that do it, everything i watch in entertainment is spot on, i have no idea what to check on next..

Any ideas?

Just re-read your previous posts - because you're splitting the feed so many times, you could be suffering a signal strength issue. Also, you're not connecting a splitter to a cable that's already got a splitter on it at another point on the cable are you?

Back