Sd card

doodle321

Hi. Been reading a lot about recording and timeshift etc on my h2h. Currently I have a 4gb usb stick in the back that annoyingly flashes all the time. The stick does epg timeshift and recording ( not a lot) . Was going to put usb in the front for epg and timeshift and plug an old externally powered hdd in the back for recordings . But that would mean leaving the hdd on all the time. Isn't the best option just to get a 128 gb class 10 mini sd card to do the lot ?
Thanks

I put a Sandisk Pro 32gb Micro SD into mine last night. Set it up for recordings and timeshift fine.

I've not moved it over, as I kept my usb in the back with line details and image. Can do that in a few hours if you want it confirmed before getting one.

Was a SanDisk Extreme 32 GB up to 90MB/s Class 10, the PNY is a little slower at 50/20 compared to 90/60. But you'll pay more for a higher capacity, Sandisk Pro at that capacity is at least £45.

Hmm on the EPG location I can only choose between my usb and internal flash.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be able to put anything on the MicroSD card - all of my stuff is (This is ATV btw, not sure on VIX). Just make sure it's formatted correctly and it should show up.

The SD reader on the box itself isn't the best, so there's no need to go for the fastest card imaginable as the box simply won't utilise it - class 10 is more than enough.

Yes mate pause recording epg skins picons the lot just plug it in and format it in the menus. Simples

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I put a Sandisk Pro 32gb Micro SD into mine last night. Set it up for recordings and timeshift fine.

Hi JLC,
could you tell me the steps you did to set up your micro sd? I plugged in my sandisk 32gb micro sd ultra in the side today and the box didn't even pick it up when I went to initialise it.
would be much appreciated mate.

thanks.

I had the same problem. I used an app on my laptop to format it and then it worked.

Mini tool partition wizard. Format it to ext4.

I've just stuck a 128 gb stick in the back without formatting and it worked fine. Is there any Benifits from formating? When I press file button to show my recordings it only shows 110gb I assume that's due to timeshift? Thanks

You usually lose a portion of any storage, never max. But 18gb would be steep. You could plug it into a PC and look at contents.

Back