Second cable box

apl

I currently have a vu box as my main box downstairs & I'm having my router fitted downstairs as I'm using home plugs,which have worked ok but I'm hoping it helps my android box out & im having the cable from the vm that goes to my tv downstairs also fitted in my bedroom so I need another box. I have been looking at the Edison box & it says it has built in wifi & Bluetooth does this mean I wouldn't need the home plugs & Im looking at the miraclebox do these boxes take a n line & are they similar to set up as my vu box, I want to stick with a openvix image or is there anything else in this price range. Any help would be appreciated.

which Vu+ box do you have? There's a thing called client mode which allows a second box to use the facilities of the main box.

Reactions: apl
if you have an old sat box you can use that as a second box as @Jazzie_bee mention. The sat box then uses a spare tuner on your cable box. The only downside is if your main box has no free tuner at the time of watching on 2nd box.

If you can use hardwire/home plugs, they work better than wifi.

Cheers everyone for your help & guides its that I was after a similar box to set up as the vu using the openvix. My supplier said I have three connections to my home the vu being one & ive read some boxes take two feeds would that mean two lines, I'm thinking of the edison cable or the miraclebox

Ok I've took the plunge & bought the miraclebox micro just wondering do I need the Kingston usb stick?

i would say yes in case you need to flash it by usb,and plugging in rear to save your epg to you wont lose it .

Back