Service scan

geoffsnook

Just flashed a new image on my venton unibox my service scan finds 607 channels but when i try to do an abm it tells me failed to tune virgin on tuner a check the tuner is correctly configured how can it find over 600 channels and then abm not even find the tuner i know i must be doing something wrong lol

On cable there are about 400 channels + about 30 radio, the 600 sounds like to many.

Have you set your net id in ABM -> providers

I thought that used to get just short of 500 in total when it was on vixe2 but now i get over 600 and my epg has german and austrian guide in it lol

when i set my symbol rate and frequency it keeps reverting back to 466 frequency and 6900 on symbol rate where mine says its 755 and 6887 so i am not getting any signal either

Yep on my forth attempt it seems to be loading an epg from the open atv site and picks up some of there channels hence i am getting 607 channels but cant work out why

solution here:

all credit to abu baniaz

https://linuxsat-support.com/thread/131162-virgin-abm-error/?postID=443412#wcf44

Virgin have been upgrading /changing pure areas. The frequencies change.

Change tuner config to UK, VIrgin All systems.

Remove Cable services:

channel up, green for satellite, highlight cable services, menu, remove cable services, restart.

Perform a scan, then restart, upload both lamedb5 and lamedb files to the thread.

only issue there might be live link to other forum,abu is great for helping thats for sure.maybe link can be edited or not made live?

Back