ServiceApp, ExtEplayer3 and recording IPTV streams

Has anyone managed to switch the default player engine on an E2 box to exteplayer3 with serviceApp and retain the ability to record IPTV channels? I’m using xtream-editor with IPTV bouquets and have tried importing with service 4097, 5001 and 5002. 4097 allows a timer to be scheduled but recordings cause the box to lock up with a spinning icon. Timers can’t even be scheduled with service 5001 and 5002 (Timer Sanity Error).

Switching to exteplayer3 has solved all my issues with stuttering IPTV streams on the H2s. I initially bought a brand new H9s thinking that it was the CPU in the H2s causing the issues, but I saw very little improvement and ended up returning it. With exteplayer3 the H2s performs just as well as my 4k Fire TV using Perfect Player. If there was a way to get the record function working it would be the perfect set up for me.

Working fine and Dandy here on this Setup..
Formuler1 Enigma2 box with Woosh Build installed...
I have a Sat Connection feeding in x2 to give me Sat Channels & Set-Up with Extreme Editor, Setting set to DVB via the Service Type as i can then pause and Rewind etc without any issues, Timeshift..
Make sure you are on a Sat Channel and not an IPTV Channel, Unless you have a Multi Account? You will not be able to record unless you Switch to a Sat Channe and then record the IPTV, this is if you are on a single Account..

I'm on a single account but am on a sat channel when recording starts. I can record when setting the service type to DVB or 4097 but only when not using serviceApp to change the default player. Once I change it to ExtePlayer3 the DVB service type continues to use the default player and the remaining types are forced through ExtePlayer3, which doesn't seem to be registered as a recording-capable service. It's a setup I can live with, but it would be a nice bonus to get the recording working if there was a workaround.

@mbull - what version of openATV are you running?
@bigsteviet - what version are you running?

You may find that the difference is mbull is running openATV 6.2 beta and you are not. This is just a guess though.

HI Guys, I am running whooshbuild infinity on a nightly openatv 6.1
I found 6.2 a Little Buggy and Crashed a Few times with Extreme Editor and my Set-Up.. SO rolled back to 6.1 and is much more stable and no issues so far ;-)

Back