ET8500 QUAD TUNER Services available on ET 8500

E2 boxes are fine for IPTV, I have used them for years and never have any issues. Just don't buy the cheapest box you can find ,use a decent quality box and they are fine.Tried Android but hated the limitations of the apps. A good service is mainly down to your supplier,not if it is E2 or Android. Most suppliers started using Android because it was cheap and easy for novices to set up, just install the app and away you go. I did use XE for a few years which worked well but now I use Jedi for live tv and xtreamity for my vod and catchup tv which runs perfect for me. I also use the sat side for my freeview tv. I do have a vpn to use just in case of blocks but very rarely need to use it. Get a good supplier that has a dedicated support forum and gives you access to your m3u details and you have various options.

I've never really used E2 for iptv and would not really want to try it. For me iptv is fantastic on my Nvidia shield and also on Android boxes but for motorised satellite then its E2 all the way.

I think it's just a case of what you prefer tbh..I have a VU+ Duo 4k and a Gigablue UHE 4K and both are fast good quality boxes,although the Duo 4K is my go to box as I have used VU boxes since the card sharing days. I have used both E2 and Android boxes over the years but E2 is just my preference. I do use Kodi on my Android boxes and for that, it is Android all the way.

hi guys,

got myself a euro line to test out ,

im using both willobuild and openatv7.3
i have installed softcams on the openatv using wget -qO- --no-check-certificate "http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed" | bash -xv > /tmp/feed.log 2>&1

edited the server file with my line , started cam and restarted box but no channels clearing and how do i know cam is running.

been a good few years since i used mt sat.

hi guys,

got myself a euro line to test out ,

im using both willobuild and openatv7.3
i have installed softcams on the openatv using wget -qO- --no-check-certificate "http://updates.mynonpublic.com/oea/feed" | bash -xv > /tmp/feed.log 2>&1

edited the server file with my line , started cam and restarted box but no channels clearing and how do i know cam is running.

been a good few years since i used mt sat.
Login to the boxes webif and select the oscam tab.

You can also press the blue button softcam setup to choose your cam or restart it.

can any one clarify which oscam i should be using, and all i need to do is add my lines to the server file. i dont touch any thing else ?

oscam tab opens up in webif , but not sure what i should be then looking for

Last edited:
can any one clarify which oscam i should be using, and all i need to do is add my lines to the server file. i dont touch any thing else ?

oscam tab opens up in webif , but not sure what i should be then looking for
On the status tab is your line showing under status far right it should show you the number of cards connected.

doing my nut in, i had so many different oscams installed that i was confused to which configs etc some channels to clear but not UK Germany ( icam)

SO I reflashed box with willobuild

there are loads of different oscams which version should i be using that covers all

Last edited:
The only oscam that is publically available with the icam patch for UK is by Samur. It has the German and Italian patches too. The ET8500 uses a mips processor.

CPU on the 8500 is weak by todays standards. The 8008 cpu should wipe the floor with it on paper.

I can't seem to figure out why oscam on openvix willobuild is not clearing skyde , I have set up IPTV fine .
I have it dual boot to openatv and oscam runs and clears .
Annoying as I don't won't to keep switching images rather stick to willobuild.

What oscam are you using? If using from feeds use use sofcam script.

Disable softcam manager if using that

Menu, setup, softcam script. Configs go in etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-name i.e oscam-emu

If using oscamicam ipk use sofcam script place configs in etc/tuxbox/config

Openatv running 11716 and files in tubox / config. Edit with my line runs and clears
Openvix 11719
I can see the lines but on willobuild nothing clears
I tried 11716 in willobuild, still the same.

Feel like starting fresh and removing the cams,

Last edited:
Installed oscam configured files and uploaded the channel lists . The euro lines are running as can see the cards connected and FTA and encrypted channels clear, however the icam sky de and UK(SD) don't.
It says the stream is running but that's all. I assumed my Xtrend (mips) could cope with the demand , is this the issue or possibly something else.

Found a euro server who has sky SD added his lines to server config file and cards are connected and running under webif oscam, however I can't get UK to clear either running a stream relay channel list

I updated to both latest Vix and atv and ran this [ ! -d "/etc/enigma2/whitelist_streamrelay" ] && wget -O /etc/enigma2/whitelist_streamrelay https://raw.githubusercontent.com/biko-73/OsCam_EMU/main/whitelist_streamrelay
But I don't get the list show up in my bouquet

What I have noticed is that when I shut the box down I get a message " you are streaming channel sure you want to shut down,"

Last edited:
Back