set up blade 7000

rulesok

Hey guys. Hoping for a little bit of help.I bought a zgemma h2 a month ago,bare box, managed to set it all up from scratch, have a live sky line and VM line and set both these up ( clines). Everything was running great until yesterday. The signal was blinking bad from previous day, after investigation with the lines which I don't think was the cause, decided to try and update open vix image on the box. Well all went wrong. Could not flash the USB, tried everything and then eventually nothing on the LCD display only little red light.so the box is bricked, dead as a doedoe I presume. So now I am left with no TV to watch.
I do not want to go near another zgemma box!
So my questions are, is there an "idiots guide"to setting up from scratch like sucumncee has for zgemma?
Having a look on here, it seems they are different to set up than the zgemma.
Do they run on openvix etc?
Can you download sky skin?
And do you add Cline through filezilla like I did on zgemma?
Thanks for your time
Lee

BM7000s is easier to set up, just flash what is known as 9991 firmware

Scan for channels or use blade online to download a channel list to the box.

put it on any channel, press 9991 and enter your line manually.

The firmware is here

Think Jan 14 is the latest

The guides are here

Thank you bees for the reply. I haven't clicked on your links yet but I have a Cline for both sly and VM, does blade accept this or is it an online? Also I had fraggle sly skin on zgemma and it was great, can I get it for the blade? Would you go for the blade or zgemma box?
Cheers

OK thanks for the advice. Do you know if I can have a sky skin on these boxes like the one I had on zgemma by fraggle?

No you can't and as mentioned make sure you use the combo firmware
not the ordinary BM7000s version.

It's in the download section

No Sky Skin not customisable and you need the Blade 8000 combo if you want cable as well, My advice get a better branded E2 linux receiver

Thanks for the advice guys.

---------- Post Merged at 10:48 PM ----------

What combo box would you suggest I should get?

Just been looking at technomate tm5402 which seems ok. Can you upload sky skins to these or is it just the zgemmas and amikos?

Thats just another clone of the Blade 7000's if you want to customise with the Sky Skin you have to go for Linux Enigma2 nothing else will do it

This is the box I was going on about, as FreeUK said, you need an E2 type box if you want skins.

HTML:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Technomate-Combo-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-SE-Combo

Back