Setting up a Xspeed LX2 for the first time

21sam

Hi my new Xspeed LX2 arrived today and I need help please

I turned the box on and followed the wizard to set the box up.

1 Select HDMI
2 50HZ
3 Checked the internet question
4 Set satellite to Astra 28.2
5 Did a automatic satellite scan that found hundreds of channels

Now I am stuck as the picture size on the tv is bigger than the tv screen and some of the menus are off the screen and are not able to be read

and I don't seem to be able to size the box output to the tv size

I am worried that in messing about causes a problem and I stuff the box up

Is it possible to make a backup of the box before I do anything disastrous

Regards

Ok thanks Tich I have had a look at the link and I will give it another go tomorrow

Can some one help me find Forcefire or Scumnsee backup ling for this box please.

Sucmnsee Image is for the Zgemma star S2 box Your problem with your box is in the interface settings you have to adjust it till it fits in you screen

dont think they do backup files for enigma2 xspeed is a different box than zgemma,go find user interface and adjust picture to fit tv screen...menu-setup-system-user interface-position setup and adjust < ok >.

get the manual and study it.

HTML:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

dont think they do backup files for enigma2 xspeed is a different box than zgemma,go find user interface and adjust picture to fit tv screen...menu-setup-system-user interface-position setup and adjust < ok >.

Hi thank you so much I have now managed to get my screen the right size now, thanks so much

But I now have a problem I read on the WOS how to create a full image backup from within the ViX 3.0 image

I have done something wrong and I don't know what I followed the guide on WOS and mounted a USB stick (It warns against using the Receivers internal flash memory) I got to the bit where you change the destination to read and write to The internal is Device:/media/hdd/ free space 658083MB

It needs changing to device:/media/usb/free space ????mb

I did not see the media/usb/

i am not sure what i did but it did not seem to work so i turned off the box removed the usb and started again and now when i go to the backup manager it says the media need to be reformated

The internal flash memory does not seem to be there now

Oh dear what have i done

Hi make sure you have the correct image for your box and just reflash a new image..
You dont need to mount a usb drive..just make sure its first formatted to fat32 and with box off insert it and turn on box and it wil be there ready to use..you can if you want from storage options initialize but there is no need as its ready to use when you insert it...
Then just reflash and start from scratch..i dont know what information you have been given but forget it those vix guilds were made before these boxes had loads of flash memory...once your fully set up if your using the latest vix image for your box then just go to the settings menu then to VIX then to image manager and select create a new back up and let it do its stuff...
as long as you have a usb flash drive connected 4gb usb drive is plenty to run the box a backup is only about 70mb..it will create and store a backup for you to restore at any time from the image manager in vix.
If you want to do alot of recordings then you will need a bigger usb drive or a hard drive to store but as for just running the box you only really need 1-2 gb flash drive is more than enough for timeshift and epg storage plus a backup of settings and image

Last edited:
I could never be bothered messing with the VIX backup manager,it was either too slow or just crashed so I use backup suite from plugins. I find it better and quicker and thats what I use to make my backup images I share.

Hi guys thank for the advice.

I am paranoid about making mistakes with tech things and always like to have a backup first, but it seem I have made a big mistake right at the start

Out of the box the default backup for the vix backup manager is on the internal flash memory and it says to change it to a usb stick I thought I had done this but now im not sure

the default flash memory is not there now

Plummer says just reflash and start from scratch

But how do I do that and will that revert things back to as new settings

I wish I had never bothered now

If your using Vix image on computer go to Vix download site and download correct image for your box.
once download unpack/unrar and copy image folder to usb flash drive.
with box off insert usb flash drive and turn on and flash box and wait for it to finish remove usb and you can reformat to fat32 on computer and use this for storage on box so put it in the back of box.
you will now have a fresh image and ready for you to set up..don't worry about flash storage etc new boxes have more than enough you just use usb drive for epg storage and time shift etc...there are flash guilds on Vix download site for your box.

First can I say the backup on this site by Forcefire is brilliant it set my Xspeed LX2 a treat no problems what so ever just did the flash and now all my channels are all togerther

Thanks Forcfire

But now my question I followed Forcefire's direction and mounted a USB memory stick and did a backup to this USB drive and I think saved my EPG to the same drive.

Now I think the USB drive might not be big enough and I intend to replace it with a bigger one.

So do I need to un mount the first USB one then mount the larger one I can copy the files over from the smaller one to the larger one with my computer.

If I record something will it use the USB stick and if so how do I view the recording.

Could I use an external hard drive for recordings and if so will I have to plug it in the front USB as the USB stick with the EPG has to be plugged in on boot up

Your very welcome 21sam, glad your all set up.

As for your USB drive then if you replace it with a large drive you can mount it then copy all the files from your old USB to your new one. If your going to use an external hard drive then you don't need a USB drive (only for flashing) the external HDD will store your recording, EPG etc. you don't need both just make sure your external HDD has its own power supply in-case the LX2 can't power it or use a powered USB adapter.

The recordings which are on your USB/HDD are simply viewed by pressing the "MEDIA" button on your remote, it will take you to file section where you can play your recordings. If you want to keep them on your PC you can copy them off the drive and then convert then to either AVI/MP4 for playback on other devices.

Back