Setting up my cloud ibox 2 plus

biged670

Hi all,

I've just got my cloud ibox 2 plus, I've tried to install a couple of different images but for whatever reason they dont seem to be reading properly when I power on the box. The box just boots up as normal and doesn't seem to read the file on the usb stick. I've check the file inside the folder is named 'force' and it's still the same.

Any ideas?

Hi all,

I've just got my cloud ibox 2 plus, I've tried to install a couple of different images but for whatever reason they dont seem to be reading properly when I power on the box. The box just boots up as normal and doesn't seem to read the file on the usb stick. I've check the file inside the folder is named 'force' and it's still the same.

Any ideas?

Try a 4gb stick,..format to fat32..then try again.
i tried 5 sticks before it worked for me.

as a guideline taken from another forum

Copy the file named xpeedlx to the Usb key
Turn off the Cloud-Ibox2+PLUS at the rear of box or un-plug from mains.
Plug the Usb key containing the file named xpeedlx into the REAR (this is important) of the Cloud-Ibox2+PLUS receiver.
Turn on the mains power.
You will see the USB key's light flashing whilst the files are being transfered to your receiver. When the light stops flashing (approx3 minutes in my case) turn the receiver off at the mains again.(NOTE: Front display panel DOES NOT display "DONE" as stated in earlier manufactures guides!!!)
Remove the USB key and reinstate the power again.
Your Cloud-Ibox2+PLUS will now reboot and after the initial flash screen will jump to your newly installed image.

Do you know what version the bootloader is? If its the new version - 29 may, the xpeedlx folder will need to be renamed cloudix and re flash as aloysius posted.

Last edited:
Do you know what version the bootloader is? If its the new version - 29 may, the xpeedlx folder will need to be renamed cloudix and re flash as aloysius posted.

How do I check bud?

i presume you have DCC for ftp'ing stuff over, gift line etc. go to telnet in DCC and type in "cat /proc/cpuinfo" (without the quotes) and hit enter, you should get something like this

View attachment 11594
hope this helps.

Last edited:
Cheers for the above but managed to sort it. Seems I did have to rename the folder, all sorted now, appreciate the help

Back