Setting up usb hard drive and TF memory card?

Paul5939

I just bought a zgemma h9s... It arrives tomorrow .. Along with a 2tb USB drive... Was also thinking of a 128gb tf card as I believe downloading epg to this rather than the usb drive proves more efficient and save the hard dti e continually spinning... Thoughts folks??

Can anyone give set up instructions ??

Thanks for your help.. This furum is brilliant!!!

I would also like to know how to this.
I have a 2TB powered USB HDD drive for recordings.
At the moment the HDD does everything. Timeshift, EPG etc..

I have tried Kingston and Sandisk (both fast genuine) micro SD cards. The microSD cards have both been formatted to EXT4 and mounts with no problem.
However, when I try to set the timeshift settings to use ...media/mmcblk0p1, I can not do it!
The microSD card is shown as mounted as media/mmcblk0p1
Also, when I look in the drive section to check the drive, the USB HDD is shown, but not the microSD card?

I have tried several mount locations for the microSD card.
This is one example:
USB: Expansion Desk Size:1.8TB /dev/sda1 /media/hdd
MMC: SDCIT Size: 64GB /dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/mmcblk0p1 (also tried /media/mmc)

If anyone has any idea how to get the box to use the microSD card for timeshift and epg and the HDD for recordings, then please let me know.

The microsd needs to be formatted as ext4 for timeshift to work on it

EDIT: sorry, I see you've done that

What box and image are you using?

I'm not an ATV user and I don't have a H9.
I have used a microsd as a total hdd replacement on my Dinobot though and mounted it as /media/hdd

Maybe boot without the hdd plugged in and set the microsd mount as /media/hdd and then add the hdd as /media/usb and change the recording path?

I'm not an ATV user and I don't have a H9.
I have used a microsd as a total hdd replacement on my Dinobot though and mounted it as /media/hdd

Maybe boot without the hdd plugged in and set the microsd mount as /media/hdd and then add the hdd as /media/usb and change the recording path?
Thanks mate. Tried that also!

I have just sparked up my Dinobot and set the microsd as /media/hdd and timeshift works fine.
This is on ATV 6.3 (I only bought the Dinobot because I heard there was going to be a ViX image :()

So long as you set the recording path to be whatever you've mounted your usb hdd as, your recordings will be fine. (Don't do anything silly like initialising it)
The movie player uses the recording settings to decide where the recordings are.
A little restart of the GUI works wonders after altering settings.

I have just sparked up my Dinobot and set the microsd as /media/hdd and timeshift works fine.
This is on ATV 6.3 (I only bought the Dinobot because I heard there was going to be a ViX image :()

So long as you set the recording path to be whatever you've mounted your usb hdd as, your recordings will be fine. (Don't do anything silly like initialising it)
The movie player uses the recording settings to decide where the recordings are.
A little restart of the GUI works wonders after altering settings.
Just one question. How does the box know to record to the HDD and the timeshift to the microSD card if they are mounted to the same path?
Thanks

They can't be mounted to the same path
Set the microsd as /media/hdd
Set the usb hdd as /media/usb or hdd 2 or whatever.
Timeshift set as /media/hdd
Recordings as /media/usb or hdd 2 or whatever.
Restart GUI

Back