Setup help

nedman87

Ok,

so I have got my box setup with latest vix and slowly working towards installing a skin. I have a couple of quirks I want to get ironed out before I continue.

So I setup the hdd by using esata port for data and USB port for power.

1. Is it normal for the external hdd to map as /usr when initialised?

2. The epg was installed to /usr (which I think is my external hdd, "main flash" was the other option) but when the box powers off and on again the epg is populated with the channels but no listings info(program names and times etc).

3. If I disconnect the hdd, I lose all non fta channels. The key folder is located within the /usr folder which appears to be linked to the hdd. Is this how it should work?

thanks in advance
ned

sounds wrong to me as boxes with no usb or hdd could be used as line is sent into newcamd.list with mg_cfg file above entered into usr/keys.
any storage devices i use are either usb stick or powered externally and not by usb and sata to screw things up.
disconecting hdd will only lose anything like cant see recordings on drive and epg

Thanks cacti!

i can confirm I can disconnect the external hdd and the line is still working.

I have the epg saving to media/hdd
recording to media/hdd/movies

so my only problem now is if I have the box in standby all is fine. Boot up and epg listing info Is still there.

if I switch the box off, and power up again, it does not automatically download the epg info and I can't find the setting for this. I can redownload manually but I'm sure there must be a way to automatically do this?

Last edited:
Back