Setup or signal issue? - Miraclebox

Declan67

Hi,

looking for a bit of guidance, not sure what else to try

I followed Bee's guide to setting up Enigma 2 box with OpenVIX (thanks Bee, very clear)
I got a test line, off eBay just to test my setup before buying a year sub, and vast majority of channels aren't working.

I know eBay lines are likely to be awful but this includes FTA channels - and before I added the test line I was only getting a very bad channel 5,no other FTA.

Since adding the line I get a couple of sky movie HD channels a couple of BT Sport SD channels and 1 or 2 other channels but still vast majority completely black screen. With No input at transponder message.

To rule out the line Garyth off here gave me a test line on his (Thanks Garyth) but no improvement, only the same handful of channels were working.

I have tried a new splitter (another labgear one) which was a four-way splitter, no improvement, in fact it slowed my broadband, SpeedTest showed only 40mbps of my usual 200mbps.
So I opened the VM box at the wall, it was just a VM cable coming in connected to a 1 in 1 out type splitter box. I unscrewed this and replaced it with my labgear 2 way splitter.
Broadband back to full blast - SpeedTest showed 213mbps - but still the same dozen or so channels on the Miraclebox.

I have went over the setup of the box, net id set to Belfast 00021, ABM ran and it picks up 387 TV channels, 37 radio and the full EPG for all the channels loads.

Anyone any ideas what else i could try?

Which channels are missing?
How many are actually working?

Im in work at the minute so cant give a full list but off the top of my head -

Working ones are all the BT Sports in SD, not HD, Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 4 in HD no others in either HD or SD, 3 of the Sky Movies in HD cant remembebr the exact ones.
Channel 5 in SD and BBC 1 Northern Ireland in HD.
There is a couple of others but would need to check and make a complete list when i get home
Oh and i was able to watch the Haye Bellew fight so Sky Box office, also noticed ITV Box Office was working, although obviously it was just the welcome screen as they had no events on.

Sounds like you may of missed a setting when setting up.
Run the set up wizard again and see if anything jumps out at you.
If nothing, log into your router and post the readings of your downstream

Sounds like you may of missed a setting when setting up.
Run the set up wizard again and see if anything jumps out at you.
If nothing, log into your router and post the readings of your downstream

Thanks Dangerous,
Yeah was starting to think it was likely my error during setup rather than the cable/splitter/signal i initially blamed. Just wasnt sure what i could have missed.
Will try it tonight and report back

I'm sure you will probably find the issue. I've got the miraclebox and can give you a back up of mine (with instructions) it's running openATV. But not until the weekend.

I'm sure you will probably find the issue. I've got the miraclebox and can give you a back up of mine (with instructions) it's running openATV. But not until the weekend.

Found the issue. Tried a fresh setup but same issues.

It was the cable itself. I tried swapping the Virgin supplied cable that ran to the superhub with the cable I had running to the miraclebox. This led to no internet connection at all. To make sure it was the cable and not a part of the splitter I swapped the cabled round at the splitter. No change.
So I cut a new length of cable and ran it from the splitter to the superhub.
Internet and all channels now working.
However internet speeds were down in the 2 or 3 mbps range. (Should be 200 mbps)
I had bought 100 meters of coax cable from world of.... when buying the box, for only £15, thinking I was getting a bargain.
Lesson learned. Don't buy world of... cheap cable.

Thanks for all the help I got from a few of you on here to help me check through possible causes and get set up.

One last thing. Is there any good cable anyone can suggest that they know is good quality?

Glad you sorted it.
Try WF100 cable.
Or any good quality pure copper core cable (don't use copper clad steel cable or basic TV Ariel cable)

Back