Setup problems please help

andy86

Hi guys I'm having trouble with the virgin side of things in the signal finder my SNR is only 29% and I can't get any of the virgin channels to work the sky side of things are working fine with tuner a at 89%

Any help greatly appreciated

Take it you have a h2h? The signal is always 29% on these boxes - software fault. Have you got a separate gift/line for the cable side? You need a gift/line for each. Otherwise you will need to provide more info. What build are you using? Can you get the free view channels? Is the scan picking up all the channels? If you have a line/gift is it input correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay in reply this box is a neighbours and I was awaiting more info it's installed with the dsayers image on here the connections are in right he's using an existing nline (newcamd) for the sky side which he had on a v8 prior

The virgin line he's received is a cline the sky was working but the virgin wasn't the cline supplier has informed him he wouldn't be able to use both at the same time (im not sure if that's right or not I've got a h2s and have no experience with cable

Anyway he was told to turn off the sky line and that would get the virgin going which to his surprise it actually did

Is there anything he can do to get them to run together or can that not be done?

He could ask his provider to change the sky line to a cline and then add it, you can only have one cam working which is why when you restart mgcam the sky line will work and when you restart cccam the vm line works. Should be an easy enough as to have one of the providers change from C to N
So both lines should either be nlines or clines

Cheers for the help il pass that on I'm considering moving my h2s upstairs and getting a h2h for downstairs but was worried I wouldn't be able to run both sides together

yep agreed keep things simple and dont mix cline and nline together,we all have done it and got wiser.

That should sort out the problem of having to swap cams. But the best bet is to have the same type of lines for both - keep things simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back