Should we have a thread of TechKings Approved Suppliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggzi

This is kind of a spin off from this thread...

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...e-name-shame-thread-bad-server-suppliers.html

Again rife with its own problems. I'm not saying this is the best solution but I think better then trying to name and shame scammers...

A supplier can apply to become an approved supplier... I don't know what form this would take maybe they have to supply a line to at least x amount of veteran users for x amount of time. I dunno the floors open on how this would work.

I just think maybe less issues and less admin time needed but still a way to help new users avoid being scammed?

good idea that mate , lot better than slagging everyone else off & a lot less "policing" needed by admin

This is kind of a spin off from this thread...

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...e-name-shame-thread-bad-server-suppliers.html

Again rife with its own problems. I'm not saying this is the best solution but I think better then trying to name and shame scammers...

A supplier can apply to become an approved supplier... I don't know what form this would take maybe they have to supply a line to at least x amount of veteran users for x amount of time. I dunno the floors open on how this would work.

I just think maybe less issues and less admin time needed but still a way to help new users avoid being scammed?

Don't think this would be possible, any mention of suppliers and\or servers is likely to get them shutdown, as we've seen recently on other posts where people have done exactly this causing all sorts of problems (for the mods on here mainly)

Cant mention supplier names in threads.

so you would be setting up a nice ban list ROFL

like me and a few other users keep saying just do research before buying use VIP users or VETERANS that have been on the site a while.

many people are using cheap servers and buying 4 or 5 a year which is costing them more than a VIP or VET has told them.

end of the day people are giving recommendations and advice but new users are going for the cheap alternative and ending up more out of pocket.

Also does that mean the servers that have gone down recently that veterans may have recommended and used them there self's for years should be banned? Don't forget some people are just recommending them and it's not there fault if a server gets shut down

Lawley u r spot on but people r stupid and someone has to try and help them! ;-)

I'm sure there is a way we could keep the privacy of servers. Maybe if we used some generic email addresses for users to contact an "approved supplier"? They can then be given server names etc in a more secure manner.

ummm no, just think what you are asking

some things just don't have approved lists
some things don't have guarantees
these things are all in the same category

that's without spelling it out

Techkings don't approve servers nor recommend them it's upto people to make there own decisions when it comes to that it's just the risk you take when it comes to are hobby

The only answer is to this is as most VIP and Veterans will say.

First try a free test line,
if your happy with the test, Buy month to month and see how that goes,
then 3 months.
the most you can lose if the supplier goes running is about £6 or £7. its a risk you take.

We see suppliers come and go. Don't buy from any member, who have in there rating on the left that have sent loads of pm's, but not been on the forum 2 minutes and have more or less never helped anybody with any problems. Click the details tab and Check there rating. you will find they fishing for quick biters.

I have been bitten once on here and the admin staff helped sort it out and I have found a very good supplier.... it is a chance that you take

You cannot just post names/usernames etc, it takes a few minutes to locate an e-mail address or with the right tool you can locate a person from their ip.
I run another small forum where we had a spammer making a nuisance of himself and we paid him a visit just by using his ip to narrow our search. The member who located the pest actually lives in Munich, Germany. He passed info onto us here in UK and end result=no more problem.
So you can understand why it's not a good idea to post lists.
Reaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back