Signal Issue??? Glitching

Jafo666

Hi everyone hope you can help me,

I have lots of experience setting up open boxes, zgemmas and vu boxes. However always using sky tuners, really missing having the HD channels so thought would give a zgemma h2h a try...

Installed dsayers h2h image (thanks for the hard work)

Set up with both a sky and virgin sub and all the HD channels are glitching, sky ones are fine so wasn't sure if it was down the the sub or not. So turned of the sky tuner and changed the settings in ABM so it uses virgin for FTA channels and its also doing it on these so can't be the sub, i am using an RF adapter into the back of the box but have no idea what to try having no experience with cable,

Any info or ideas will be much appreciated, thanks in advance,

James

mess around with the cable feed to box, my Zgemma has a weak tuner and sometimes a little turn of the connector into rf out sorts it mate. Its worth a shot, I thought my provider was having issues as my sky sports 1 hd was glitching like mad, turned the cable in the rf out and flawless

Are you using a splitter for your cable ?. If you are this could be the problem or your leads.
I solved my problem with a new splitter of the correct frequency and cables with intergrated ends.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've tried without a splitter so it's coming directly in and straight to the Zgemma, I've tried various cables including the new style supplied by VM, maybe as mentioned above I have a weak tuner, want to swap it but worried might have same issue with next one...

Looks like you have covered the main problems people have had with their vm line.
Only ever had the H2H and solved my issue with a new splitter and lead.
Hopefully someone on the forum will know what the problem is !.
Maybe trying a re-scan ?.
Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

had the same issue in the past resolved as above....changed splitter & made sure connections to box were secure.

It happened to me, so I had to change my line that sorted it out, the new lines way better, I would urge you to try out other test lines from different people

It's happening on free to air channels with no line on the box at all haha..... Gonna have a play this weekend, re flash it and get another rf adapter

If you are using splitters look carefully at 2 outputs.. One output will be 3.6db and other is 4.0db... The 4.0db output is the feed that goes into zgemma.. The 3.6db output can go in TiVo box if you still have it... I was having loads of glitches at one time and I just broke everything down started from scratch.. That's when I noticed the 2 different values in splitter... Since I used 4.0db output for zgemma I haven't had any channels glitch since.. All HD is perfect too...

I have lots of experience setting up open boxes, zgemmas and vu boxes. However always using sky tuners, really missing having the HD channels so thought would give a zgemma h2h a try...

Set up with both a sky and virgin sub and all the HD channels are glitching, sky ones are fine so wasn't sure if it was down the the sub or not. So turned of the sky tuner and changed the settings in ABM so it uses virgin for FTA channels and its also doing it on these so can't be the sub, i am using an RF adapter into the back of the box but have no idea what to try having no experience with cable,

James

James

Hi mate,

I am facing the exact same issue in a zgemma star H2 box.

Did you manage to find a fix?

Please let me know as I have tried all the below and not any further

I have the same issue with a H2h box, set it up at mine and perfect took it to my mates house and the signal is crap, i have used new Vm splitter and cables supplied by them, i have even put on a 24db Konig amplifier still doesn't get the signal strong enough for all channels.

If i run the cable strait to the Zgemma it is fine but i have to split it to the router as well.

Is there any way to check the signal strength coming in to the house ??

Back