signal on new box

dappa2

I recently just bought a amiko a4 combo box and currently have a satellite gift running on it, as 28.2 e is slowly going dark I thought I'd invest a bit on this new box.

A bit of background info first, I have read up on this forum on a few topics and saw a splitter and cables being mentioned in several topics on this site as being recommended for cable so I ordered them off ebay.

In my living room I have just one feed coming into the house it had a old tratec hanging out of the wall and the plastic box is missing but my broadband is fine, I removed that and put the splitter in its place and connected one to broad band and one to my new amiko a4 box, before I settled on all this I checked everything is fine like broadband is ok etc.

I know I have to do a net id search which for my area is peterborough and when I search that I get around 375 ish channels and I get about 20 radio stations, is this about right in what I should receive and if not is there anything else I can do to tweak it to get any more?

My next questions is currently I have free to air channels currently tuned in when I go and look at all the channels I see it says on the bar next to the letter I that its 45, I assume that means the signal intensity? Is that what I should expect? and the other one is Q which is around 85 to 90 on all the channels? My free to air channels are all fine and all the scrambled channels the average on all the channels on the first bar is around 45-50 and the 2nd bar is around 85 to just under 100 on the other.

If I was to get a Line would these figures be fine?

That amount of channels is correct for VM - there's not as many channels as S*y.

If the SD versions of 1-5 are ok, the rest should be fine ... take the readings with a pinch of salt - take a test line and see how it goes and go from there.

Back