Cable Signal Problem on H1

Upgraded my Q5 HD to a zGemma. Set it up, flashed a new image, channel scan, found all channels. Every channels glitching really bad and unwatchable and the SNR jumps from 0 to 98% every second or so. Cabling hasnt been touched in any way. Q5 out, coax to RF connector adapter added and into Tuner B, Tuner A not configured. Anyone help?

Upgraded my Q5 HD to a zGemma. Set it up, flashed a new image, channel scan, found all channels. Every channels glitching really bad and unwatchable and the SNR jumps from 0 to 98% every second or so. Cabling hasnt been touched in any way. Q5 out, coax to RF connector adapter added and into Tuner B, Tuner A not configured. Anyone help?

Have you scanned your channels on the correct net id

I have had this problem spent 10 days trying to sort it, got a second box from another supplier and all ok, conclusion first box faulty cable tuner, there are others with the same problem, there are some faulty tuners out there. There are 2 cable channels that do clear as they should cannot remember which at the moment but all the rest are unwatchable.

Last edited:
I think you could be right. Free channels going crazy and unwatchable. Wirings fine. My friends going to take my box to his and test it to make sure, i've contacted the seller and let him know ill be sending it back if its faulty. Thanks for the reply bud.

I think you could be right. Free channels going crazy and unwatchable. Wirings fine. My friends going to take my box to his and test it to make sure, i've contacted the seller and let him know ill be sending it back if its faulty. Thanks for the reply bud.
You are welcome, I did the same as you took it to my son's house same result, it was frustrating while it was going on , kept thinking I must have done something wrong, it was quite a relief when the new box just worked. Your next problem will come when you try to set up the epg.

---------- Post Merged at 02:51 PM ----------

Hi eddy, the two channels that clear ok with this faulty tuner are BBC1 HD AND ITV HD try them on yours.

You are welcome, I did the same as you took it to my son's house same result, it was frustrating while it was going on , kept thinking I must have done something wrong, it was quite a relief when the new box just worked. Your next problem will come when you try to set up the epg.

---------- Post Merged at 02:51 PM ----------

Hi eddy, the two channels that clear ok with this faulty tuner are BBC1 HD AND ITV HD try them on yours.

The only channel i had that was slightly better than the rest was BBC 1 SD, even that was glitching horribly, to the point i couldnt even make out the picture. Hooked my modem up to the same feed to check that and it was fine. My mate has the box nowso he'll let me know tonight if its the box. Another few telly'less days but i'll get it sorted eventually.

Hey mate.

I am led to believe a few of the installers on vermin were using old splitters, if you've been dealt an old one, it could be the issue... I had someone who had sh*t signal on the old splitter. Tried it in someone elses house who is relatively new to virgin, hey presto.

Try a decent splitter with a good range.

Cheers

It does the same thing even when the signals not split, straight from the main feed. Driving me mental. It works in my mates house.

try this the cable what goin in to feed back your box but it on bbc1 then turn it round to the left or right if the pic jump in , try changing the connector
hope it helps

Check the Coax Socket - INNER PIN - on the back of your box. Sometimes gets splayed out especially after plugin and out several times. Definitely sound like a poor connection.

Just seems strange cos the same connection to the Q5 was faultless. Even tried the same co-ax cable on my old skybox and thats perfect too. Which makes me think its the box itself. Strange

Just seems strange cos the same connection to the Q5 was faultless. Even tried the same co-ax cable on my old skybox and thats perfect too. Which makes me think its the box itself. Strange
I mean the coax socket on the box itself - not your cable connector which you have already checked.

Back