Signed back upto sly

so question is ... go back to sly with there 50% deal ... wait to see if CS comes back (which is more than likely going off end of the month) or try IPTV which iv heard good and bad things about and cost from £12 a month to over a £ 100 a year... and then do you get a mag box or put it on zgemma h2s

So I'm only 8 months into CS and not happy about it now dropping channels when Sly decide to poke some fun.

Options were to change my sat tuner for a cable tuner, and switch over to that. No big issue, £40 outlay for tuner, and think I picked up 12 months for the Father In Laws cable for £25.

Or, give IPTV a go....

Went for the cheaper option of IPTV, and can't understand how anyone can fault it as a replacement medium. Perhaps I've been lucky.

£5 month for more than I need, HD, 1080p, VOD, install on as many devices as I like so long as only one is in use at any one time, or pay another £5.

I sat watching the fight the other night in 1080p, felt like I was in the front row, far better quality than I've ever seen through my dish, and didn't buffer once.

Yea, your right, £40 - £52 no big deal, probably get a lovely service from Sly Q, nifty nice interface, but I can't bring myself to part with the money and pass it to any provider to watch TV? It's ludicrous, we've become so accustomed to shelling out soooooooo much money, we think that £40-£50 is reasonable per month, whereas in reality once you add in all your other "Necessities" line rental, BB, Phone etc, the amount you spend per month is mental.

I'll stick to my £27.50 to Vermin (just for BB) and £5 for my TV ta. My 8 year old can easily find what she wants on the iPad, Fire TV, or the channel dropping Technomate.

So I'm only 8 months into CS and not happy about it now dropping channels when Sly decide to poke some fun.

Options were to change my sat tuner for a cable tuner, and switch over to that. No big issue, £40 outlay for tuner, and think I picked up 12 months for the Father In Laws cable for £25.

Or, give IPTV a go....

Went for the cheaper option of IPTV, and can't understand how anyone can fault it as a replacement medium. Perhaps I've been lucky.

£5 month for more than I need, HD, 1080p, VOD, install on as many devices as I like so long as only one is in use at any one time, or pay another £5.

I sat watching the fight the other night in 1080p, felt like I was in the front row, far better quality than I've ever seen through my dish, and didn't buffer once.

Yea, your right, £40 - £52 no big deal, probably get a lovely service from Sly Q, nifty nice interface, but I can't bring myself to part with the money and pass it to any provider to watch TV? It's ludicrous, we've become so accustomed to shelling out soooooooo much money, we think that £40-£50 is reasonable per month, whereas in reality once you add in all your other "Necessities" line rental, BB, Phone etc, the amount you spend per month is mental.

I'll stick to my £27.50 to Vermin (just for BB) and £5 for my TV ta. My 8 year old can easily find what she wants on the iPad, Fire TV, or the channel dropping Technomate.

Aye. i nearly crossed to dark side this am, and then I discover that despite them offering a 50% discount on packages they STILL want £6 a month for HD sport. In 2017. Piss takers.
Well, in that case, there are other options if one is happy with SD sometimes and HD sometimes.
Am now going to wait it out, and then buy a Mag256 running Xtream when the dark age comes, from my provider, who has proven himself decent over 3 years. About £170, minus the sale of the H2S.
Bollox to em.

Re the above comment moment about 1080 : I was told iptv isn't 1080 . Rather it's 720 ....!!!??

Definitely 1920x1080, took a pic of what technomate was telling me, and the resolution from the TV confirmed it too.
59c78d5dc8715c5e862e3166310a4ed3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are all your had movies and sports 1080 ?

No, the PPV boxing they provided multiple streams to suit all. SD, HD, 1080 think there were 6 in total.

But typically there are about 10 or so 1080.
The FTA channels all have it, sky sports, F1, BT Sports and they even give you the MLB USA in 1080 too.

just me and the wife so IPTV till that go's no verman in our village .+I have a zgemma and get iptv player for my programs and no adverts

Fear not people.... no need to take the plunge and sign back up to sly.

Keep your current cs sub and run an iptv sub alongside it.

Once you have your sub basically Use echanneliser to load a custom bouquet that holds all your iptv channels.

Once done create more custom iptv bouquets i.e. IPTV sports, Iptv entertainement etc etc and manually copy the iptv channels into the bouquets.

All you need to do is go through your original bouquets and copy the reference number for each channel and assign to the iptv channel and then your epg should update daily.

Note that the zgemma can struggle with hd channels but there is no issue with sd channels.

Once done and done correctly you should end up with something looking like this.
8ca11908eb046af2465f47722439c08c.jpg

2d764b8708892967a6390586c5306c32.jpg

Where there's a will there's a way people.

Fear not people.... no need to take the plunge and sign back up to sly.

Keep your current cs sub and run an iptv sub alongside it.

Once you have your sub basically Use echanneliser to load a custom bouquet that holds all your iptv channels.

Once done create more custom iptv bouquets i.e. IPTV sports, Iptv entertainement etc etc and manually copy the iptv channels into the bouquets.

All you need to do is go through your original bouquets and copy the reference number for each channel and assign to the iptv channel and then your epg should update daily.

Note that the zgemma can struggle with hd channels but there is no issue with sd channels.

Once done and done correctly you should end up with something looking like this

Does this work in conjunction with Xstream?

Thanks

Does this work in conjunction with Xstream?

Thanks
Probably not if xstream is integrated with the epg! I believe xstream will be as you press menu and xsteam then it load all the stuff for that guys server. But someone might say there is a way,

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if it would or not because I haven't tried it. The set up I have is done manually and is a little time consuming but it's worth it in the end.

I'm thinking of going back to Sly too after today's latest channel drop, does anyone know what channels you get in 4k UHD though? Sly don't have a list of 4k channels anywhere?

Back