Single Feed - Timeout for tuner lock error

RossMc90

Hi,

I am trying to set up a Zgemma Star 2S for my with a single sky cable feed.

I have it plugged in to Tuner A and in the tuner configuration I have Tuner A set to simple, single, 28.2E and for Tuner B I have it set to not configured.

Every time I try to start a scan through autoboquets maker I get an error message saying timeout for tuner lock.

I have googled it and been through various forums and tried the solutions suggested such as setting Tuner b to be equal to Tuner A and plugging the cable into Tuner B and setting Tuner A to loop through Tuner B but nothing is solving the problem I am still getting the same error message every time.

Does anyone have any other suggestions because I don't know what else to try here.

Thanks, Ross

Are the free channels working? You could move the feed to tuner b and set tuner a to not configured or nothing connected?

I'm getting the odd few channels such as BBC 1,2 film 4 channel 4.

I've just plugged the feed into tuner b and set tuner a to not configured and still getting the timeout for tuner lock error message when trying to scan.

The signal is 100% when I've checked. I have brought the box back to my house and I have managed to do a scan and found all the channels.

I guess that means it is a problem with their satellite dish?

There is copper wire coming out of the bottom of the metal bit on the end and onto the black cable casing if that makes sense

Yes that correct, there's copper braiding in the insulation, make sure none touching the copper wire in the centre, also make sure the centre copper wire is long enough, use yours as a guide as how far it's sticking out

The cable looks fine.

I think it might be something to do with the position of the dish because it can get all the free view channels but no sky ones. She has also had that same dish for a few year now and recently got someone in to re tile the eves of the roof and the dish is on the side of the house so maybe it has been knocked out of position.

Time out for tuner lock is pretty much always poor signal. ABM can be quite sensitive. An alternative is just to use the the manual scan and not abm scan. Then all your channels should be available by pressing tv button then the green button.
Also try updating your ABM config files, so all your channel bouquets are up to date.

I just upgraded to Wooshbuild 7. I got the timeout for tuner lock . I disabled tuner B . It is now appearing to scan . Cannot say I like the garish green colour for the epg lisings though .

Back