Sky and VM channel list

A few days ago i upgraded to the H2.H box. This left me wondering what this box was capable of and as many of you know on here its hard to find answers to what you need.
So i decided to so what i could do myself

My Problem : I have both a Cable and Dish feed into my box. i want to record off cable as a priority and then once recoring on cable i want all my other channels to still function, but off my dish feed.

Soloution : Dreambox edits alternative source function.

Attached is my customised Bouquets that have all channels VM as a priority with an alternative off Sky

Example,
I record BBC ONE HD off VM feed. When i now change channel to BBC 2 HD, it swaps tuners and will watch BBC Two HD off Sky Dish.

Example for HD channels not found on Sky,
I record Sky Sports 1 HD, I then change channel to Sky Sports 2 HD, this will show me Sky Sports 2 in SD off my Sky feed.

If anyone has a better way of doing this, please feel free to let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3kmfbpulnxnemj/VM Sky Lists 27.07.16.rar?dl=0

Catseye E2 Settings File Astra 28.2 East 11.07.16 for Sky
ABM Scan for VM

Last edited:
I had a look at what yours was offering, and yours looks great. my issue was i really wanted to utilise both tuners and save me the hassel of having to go to a different bouqet to continue watching when recording. if you could implement this into yours that would be a real winner!

We'll have to talk about it over the weekend I work 12hour nights. could you explain how you did it or pm me some links if you have a guide

Last edited:
Yeh of course, its pretty simple really just a little time consuming.

First off you need up to date channel lists, so i get my 28.2 sat lists from catseye and my VM lists from ABM and merge them together using dreambox edit.

now we have all of our channels sat and cable listed in dreambox edit

we now choose which provider is going to be our primary by doing the following
1. Select the Bouquet on the right (in my instance the lists are VM)
2. Right click the channel you want to add a alternative source to

1.jpg
3. change the listing to your alternative (in my case 28.2astra)
2.jpg
4. Locate the channel on your alternative tuner and drag the channel into the box at the bottom right
3.jpg
5. This is what my finished list looks like, notice at the bottom i have BBC One HD Cable and 28.2
4.jpg

Repeat this step for as many channels as you want an alternative to. in my case, every channel. this process took quite a while but the finished article is when i record anything off my EPG it will record off my Virgin Media tuner. without changing bouquets to a sky bouquet i can carry on watching tv on my sky tuner.

One important thing to change is this, located in Menu > settings > system > customise.
We choose this order for recording off VM as priority also see further down the screen, set Preffered tuner to Tuner B
(if you are setting this up for sky choose tuner A as preffered and -S in front of -C for priority)
1_0_19_DAF_23_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3kmfbpuln...07.16.rar?dl=0
this is the link to my finished product, as you will see this has VM as priority and sky as secondary. if you wanted to flip them around you just need to do all these steps as shown but using the sky bouquet and linking VM channels

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Thanks I'll look into it but as you say it's time consuming mine still uses abm so it's just a case of creating inserts to swap the channel numbers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back