Sky Box and Open Box Aerial Setup

guivarch

Hi,

I have a sky+ box for the basic channels and I run an open box for movies and sport.

I have 2 cables running from my sky dish into my living room, 1 for the sky box and 1 for the open box but this means I cant record freely on my sky box.

Is there any other solution except from running another cable from my box so I have 3 connections, 2 for the sky box and 1 for the open box, this would mean drilling another hole in my exterior and interior wall.

Is there anything that would allow me to split 1 of the connections so I can use that for the open box and 1 connection of the sky box.

Thanks in advance.

when they install sky the drill a hole then put a grommet in black or white usually just remove this as the hole will be big enough for another cable or 2

if there is slack on current cable pull from the outside (300-400mm)
and then tape on new cable go inside and pull until you see new cable

remove tape and then only pull the new cable

hope you understand what i mean

Hi I am new to this and looking at getting an openbox. If I use one one of the 2 sky cables to put in the openbox and leave the other in the sky box, will the one left in sky box still be able to record free view or any subscribed channels? I understand if only 1 wire in it I can't record and watch anything else on that box but that's what the open box be for. Thanks for your help

one feed from the lnb to input b on your sky box, one lnb feed to your openbox, then short cable from loop on your openbox to input a on your sky box should sort it!

ps, its the info i was given and it works for me !

Thanks for the quick reply. Just out of interest what does looping open box to sky one do? Prob a stupid question but all new to me

Back