sky box

ginlover

Hi everybody.I am new to this forum lark so please be patient. After 18 yrs sky and I are parting ways, I have bought a vu+ and it is running a Cccam. well pleased.
My Question is can I use the amstrad DRx780uk sky+hd box in the same way as the vu+ box or is it it going in the bin. regards

You can still use the $ly+ box as a FTA receiver after your subscription ends, although you won't be able to record any more, or watch programmes that you have already recorded.

You will also get a few extra channels with your $ly card (Sony TV (&+1), Sony Movies (&+1) & Motors TV).

There's no way of moding the $ly box to get $ channels though.

Always worth keeping your sky box though as if all goes to pot and they call you with a great deal in the future sometimes a better deal depends on if you have the box or not

If your parting ways with sky and you know you don't need your old box then sell it on eBay or Facebook, might as well get some cash for it.
If you do ever return to sky you would classed as a new customer so would get a new box anyway but unless this world of sky stops I can't see any reason to return to sky, not really bothered for the missing HD channels as the SD channels do me just fine for the money I'm saving, lol

If you dont want to use your skybox for free to air channels You can always take the hard drive out and use it for other storage Saves buying 1

Thanks everybody, looks like ill buy an vu+ for the other room. Can you use the same cline for an additional box in the same house, plugged into the same router, or will there be conflicts between the two boxes.

Thanks everybody, looks like ill buy an vu+ for the other room. Can you use the same cline for an additional box in the same house, plugged into the same router, or will there be conflicts between the two boxes.

As long as your line provider has said that you can use multiroom or more than 1 box, then you should be OK.

If your provider hasn't specified multiroom, then it's best to contact him first to find out. Some charge a few pounds extra for multiroom.

There shouldn't be any conflicts.

My line suplier allows upto 4 box from the same IP address, I currently use 1 box in the living room and 1 box in my sons room and there are NO conflicts at all, both boxes run just fine. Follow Kremmens advice and you should be ok.

Back