Sky cinema Potter and Comedy No Image.

aaron123

Hi all hope you are all safe!

Ran through this with Pablo but is anyone having issues with Sky cinema Potter and Comedy? I just get a black screen tried scanning manually tried moving the cables about still not luck.

using area code 40979.

thanks all!

Is that Croydon?
Can you get ch4 SD or hd?
Someone asked about it earlier
EDIT:
You may have to run the NIT analyser tool as there's been a spate of ABM problems in Croyden in past few days, check @dsayers2014 signature for details of nit analyser, @Abu Baniaz may have more info on this but it looks like the frequency may have changed in your area, @DigitalMooney also having trouble with ABM not finding ch4

Last edited:
Is that Croydon?
EDIT:
You may have to run the NIT analyser tool as there's been a spate of ABM problems in Croyden in past few days, check @dsayers2014 signature for details of nit analyser, @Abu Baniaz may have more info on this but it looks like the frequency may have changed in your area, @DigitalMooney also having trouble with ABM not finding ch4
hi Pablo. Yes it is Croydon and I Just checked my Ch4 HD it is working fine.

I still think there's been a frequency change in your area
Also been reading reports of audio description on channel 4 in different areas..not sure if sd or hd yet but just this one channel.
It can be switched off but next time ch4 is played, AD is back on

I still think there's been a frequency change in your area
Also been reading reports of audio description on channel 4 in different areas..not sure if sd or hd yet but just this one channel.
It can be switched off but next time ch4 is played, AD is back on
Thanks Pablo, I will check out the NIT analyser tool and see what comes out of that

Is that Croydon?
EDIT:

This is the same thing that has happened in differnt areas where they remove BBC 2 SD, then CH 4/5 SD. Those channels can be dropped because SD/HD services are the same no matter where you are. BBC 1 and ITV have regional variations so they cannot swap them out.

They usually move channels to a different frequency. Some receivers can't cope with too much signal properly. This may be the problem. They use differnt frequncies for services in differnt areas. You ought to check on your receiver with a skin that shows the details.

As I mention from time to time, ABM reads tables, it does not scan. So even though you cannot receive the service, ABM will still add it to your bouquets. This obviously depends on Virgin updating their data tables. You can always check what services ABM has added by looking in the last scanned bouquet after it runs. Or by checking
"EXAMPLE_hd_cable_uk_virgin_CustomLCN.xml" in following location: "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/"

Code:
        <configuration lcn="121" channelnumber="121" description="Sky Comedy HD"></configuration>
        <configuration lcn="122" channelnumber="122" description="Sky Comedy"></configuration>
        <configuration lcn="406" channelnumber="406" description="Sky Harry Potter HD"></configuration>
        <configuration lcn="408" channelnumber="408" description="Sky Comedy HD"></configuration>

Oh, I should mention Sky and Virgin are both using the same name for two different services.

You have done it correctly. I'll upload files for you to test later.

The following tests are going to identify/confirm issue. Don't expect a fix at this stage.

If you have the run ABM on restart plugin, please uninstall it. It really isn't needed, the timer function works fine. Please do not use ABM for this set of tests. Otherwise you are wasting your time and effort.

Remove cable services.
Up (next to OK) > Green ( satellites/extended) > Highlight cable services > menu > remove cable services > confirm removal.
Do not restart just yet

Unzip/extract the attachement I have added. Transfer the cables.xml file to /etc/enigma2/
Info only in next two lines of text:
/etc/enigma2/ is the user location and takes precedence.
/etc/tuxbox/ is system version.

After transferring file, restart receiver. You will have no cable services, bouquets will still be there but channel will be greyed out. Your tuner configuation will show as being Croydon for cable.

Perform a manual scan, complete method. Do not enable network option.
Menu > Setup > Reception or Tuners & Scanning > Manual scan

Select the appropriate tuner
Type: Cable
Type of scan: Complete
Network scan: No. Anybody telling you to say yes when fault finding is confusing things. If you want to follow their advice, ignore me and follow their advice in full.
Clear before scan: We removed services before, so leave as no
Only Free scan: Leave as no

After scan completes, restart. Attach new lamedb and lamedb5 files here.

Check your list of services/chanenls. in the alphabetical list. Up (next to OK), green for satellites/extended, Cable services, OK to access the list.
Do you see the channel?

Attachments

• Croydon cables.zip
    458 bytes · Views: 1
Hi Abu, thank you for your reply!

I do see the channel but its just a black screen?

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 5
Virgin does not transmit the provider details, thi sis a hack that was added in ABM. Your lamedb contains these which indicates that the removal of cable services was not done prior to scanning. So I don't think my instructions are clear enough.

Virgin does not transmit the provider details, thi sis a hack that was added in ABM. Your lamedb contains these which indicates that the removal of cable services was not done prior to scanning. So I don't think my instructions are clear enough.
Abu not sure what happened but I did follow your instructions

I checked the lamedb file you attached. It is showing the channel on 115 MHz. But you can't get a lock on 115 MHz.

If you cannot view Sony TV HD either, it is definitely a signal problem. You may need a forward path attenuator. If you can view Sony TV HD, you will have to have a word with your supplier to see why those services aren't clearing. Maybe blocked by Service ID.

Back