Sky free sat + IPTV working in harmony with EPG ;)

Just in case you missed this in the general satellite section. Here is my setup.

Tutorial video

Demonstrated on an Edison Osmini, tutorial on Zgemma H2S

Please don't shoot me down, Im not a know it all. There may be other ways but I found this the simplest and if anyone else would like to expand on different methods to achieve the same thing go ahead. I forgot to explain why you had to delete the default autobouqets, for some reason you just have to otherwise wooshbuild seems to force the sky channels into the epg, maybe I'm wrong but thats what I did. Any questions feel free to ask.

If you know what your doing you can obviously fast forward a fair bit, this tutorial will get someone going from start to finish from a fresh wooshbuild install!

I forgot to mention you don't need to FTP into your box at all, if you just download the ipk onto a usb stick you can load it from there (so no additional software or computer knowledge needed)

See an attached PDF If anyone wants help with the EPGids that are missing or hard to find then this is my list. Don't take it for gospel but it might help
Hey there was wondering about ure box setup wot system are u using and what is the skin?

I followed the instruction to the work in the main video, and set up my iptv on the xtream-editor website, which most of the info was already done, but nothing had the .uk on the end of it.
so after spending a fair amount of time updateing this information and uploaded to the zgemma box, no epg data was there....

Any ideas ??

Thanjs

Great guide, really helpful. I was struggling with the EPG until I re-watched the guide and went for the gold xstream editor.

Could you help please. Im following these steps and have gotten to doing the scan on the autoboutique however my scan doesnt complete and flashes up quickly "terminate after throwing an instance of bad_alloc" any idea??

Does whoosh build work on any Egnima 2 box?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
You don't really need Whoosh. I got this working running Openvix on a Vu+ Duo2. There are very few changes. Providing you know how to install plugins and delete bouquets you will figure it out easily.

Just in case you missed this in the general satellite section. Here is my setup.

Tutorial video

Demonstrated on an Edison Osmini, tutorial on Zgemma H2S

Please don't shoot me down, Im not a know it all. There may be other ways but I found this the simplest and if anyone else would like to expand on different methods to achieve the same thing go ahead. I forgot to explain why you had to delete the default autobouqets, for some reason you just have to otherwise wooshbuild seems to force the sky channels into the epg, maybe I'm wrong but thats what I did. Any questions feel free to ask.

If you know what your doing you can obviously fast forward a fair bit, this tutorial will get someone going from start to finish from a fresh wooshbuild install!

I forgot to mention you don't need to FTP into your box at all, if you just download the ipk onto a usb stick you can load it from there (so no additional software or computer knowledge needed)

See an attached PDF If anyone wants help with the EPGids that are missing or hard to find then this is my list. Don't take it for gospel but it might help
Amazing tutorial, Djorbmac. Really easy to follow. Proof that not all heroes wear capes!
Just one note. I found AutoBouquetMaker easier that AutoBouquets E2 running Openvix since it allows you to download a single Freesat bouquet without the additional category bouquets. I am running Openvix on a VU Duo2 and a VU SoloSE.

Oh, and Sky Cinema Select = SkyMoviesIndie.uk

Last edited:
You don't really need Whoosh. I got this working running Openvix on a Vu+ Duo2. There are very few changes. Providing you know how to install plugins and delete bouquets you will figure it out easily.
I got a script off my IPTV provider and have got the Blue HD Sky skin, but all the HD channels are buffering/freezing etc.

So I'm thinking my box hasn't got the horse power to stream HD?
So that's why I asked about the Zgemma box.

I'm running the Perfect Player atm on my Android Nivdea Sheild TV and it plays HD flawlessly, but the UI isn't the best and you can't record, so I'm not sure what to do?

I'm also running Openvix, but it's a fairly old image, what skin are you using then with Openvix image?

I'm also running Openvix, but it's a fairly old image, what skin are you using then with Openvix image?

I am using the default skin (night HD i think) with the newest image at the moment but only set this up last night. I will play with it a bit more tonight. TK has some great Sly and SlyQ skins in the 'Skins' subforum for Openvix so i plan to try those out.

I've set mine up from the guide, working like a dream. Had to do a lot of messing with the channels but only done it using a trial. When i find a decent provider I'll sit down and set up all the channels properly.

hi,
do you know if it would work on Interstar Xpeed LX2 box. I am a novice in these matters.
Thanks in advance.

I am using the default skin (night HD i think) with the newest image at the moment but only set this up last night. I will play with it a bit more tonight. TK has some great Sly and SlyQ skins in the 'Skins' subforum for Openvix so i plan to try those out.
Tried the SlyQ on my XPEED LX2, runs really laggy, my box hasn't the horse power.

hi,
do you know if it would work on Interstar Xpeed LX2 box. I am a novice in these matters.
Thanks in advance.
Like to know too, I have the same box.
I'm running the Blue HD theme at present, it's good.
But these boxes of ours don't have much processor speed so will probably be a little laggy when opening the EPG etc.

Like to know too, I have the same box.
I'm running the Blue HD theme at present, it's good.
But these boxes of ours don't have much processor speed so will probably be a little laggy when opening the EPG etc.

Hi mate,
how did you get IPTV on the xpeed LX2? any guidance?
Thanks.

Back