sky/freeview

babs

TK Veteran
hi all ihave a sky, dish and box can i connect a freeview box for another room if so which would be the best one to get.thank you all;)

seeing you are in dublin what about a triax ST-HD527CI end of line special for 99.95 as they were 149,95 euro when i bought it in power city,its a dtt box which gives you the irish channels on an aerial and on sat it gives you freesat like itvhd,ch4hd,bbc1hd,bbchd and others on sd,2 year warranty on box and its mheg5,you can add an external hard drive to rec on sat while you look at dtt,or record dtt and watch sat,you cannot record on sat while you look at sat or rec on dtt and look at dtt.it comes with free hdmi cable and dont forget you need a lan feed also.
or if your are stingy:whistling:you could use an old sat box as i have a 10 year old tm1000d which i am going to use in another room ,no lan port on box.triax box gives 7 day epg on dtt but now and next on sat.

did on sale till end of day e125.99 but its a COMBI HD RECEIVER WITH MHEG 5 - STHD537 just checked my one its the sthd537 as that may be the newer unit and smaller than the one it replaced which may have been the ST-HD527CI model and larger and dearer and had problems.
the big changeover in ireland is in october so if your tv is not mpeg 4 and mheg5 you wont get the irish channels,so a box is the next step and to complement it a sat tuner best of both worlds.and hd the important bit.

Last edited:
thanks for replying cacti iv no idea when i get it do i connect it to the sky satellite dish and whats a lan feed.:)

yes with any box you need a sat cable from sat dish lnb down to your sat tuner and a cat5/internet cable/lan feedROFL same as on your pc or lappy if hard wired.

Back