Sky Multiroom Trick

Quite a while ago, I got a friend to take out an additional Sky multiroom subscription for £10.00 a month, and in exchange for him giving me the box I would give him £20.00 a month. He had everything, entertainment, movies, sports, HD. For years now, I've been using cardsharing via satellite. Unfortunately, I'm not in a cable area. So, if cardsharing ever ends, which it's starting to look that way, I'm fucked. Now my sister has recently got Sky Q, and has got every channel. If I get her to take out a Sky multiroom subscription, will I be able to use the multiroom box at my house, or does it need to be on the same internet connection? Because I know that her Sky Q box doesn't have a phone line connected to it, which is what I thought you had to do with all sky boxes for the first 12 months. Also, do Sky Q multiroom boxes even use a viewing card? I know her main box has one, but she doesn't have Sky multiroom herself, so I can't check. I know there used to be a trick where you could use your viewing card in any Sky box, without actually pairing the viewing card, and the basic channels would still work (Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, etc), but movies, sports and HD wouldn't. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
No the only way you get that deal is if they are connected to a telephone line in the same property or u get charged full sub per box.....used to do the same myself

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No the only way you get that deal is if they are connected to a telephone line in the same property or u get charged full sub per box.....used to do the same myself

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ffs lol cheers for the info

Could you perhaps get around the network thing by having a VPN connection to her network and having the Q box or whatever it is connected to a third party router at yours that has the facility to connect to a VPN set up?

Don't know if that would work, but that's a potential way around it.

The q boxes also work on a different lnb on the dish you would need a hybrid lnb... if you replace the full dish you can't allign with normal satellite meter also so I have been told. I maybe wrong

Back