sky ripping me off

clovissnr

Ive had sky for years when i say years when you had to buy the box the problem is
My hd box will receive all channels but the hard drive wont record phone sky 40 minutes to get through
Then they say £140 if they cant fix box will replace with a new one or £80 plus parts
So i said ive never had a free sky box off you ? can i have one which the answer is NO
To which i took the £140 option now 13 months down the line box does the same again
Sky says it wants me to pay again to which i go down the road of i want a free box can i put it in another name
but the same address NO have to cancel for 12 months
So thats it the toys are out of the pram i say cancel it you know were you can shove it
Sky say you will have to put it in writing and give a months notice which the contract i signed
What contract done it over the phone in the 90s
Ive just phoned the bank and cancelled my direct debit with them
Feel better now

If you have an official subscription never ever purchase the receivers off them as you found out you get ripped off either try Ebay or gumtree for a secondhand DRX890 normallgo for around £25-£35 and they cant do jot about it just replace your card into your newly purchased box phone up and get them to pair it to it job done and saving £105 in the process

Typical story. Sly bend over backwards for new customers, but existing long-term ones get sod all for free. Sly's favourite word is "extra". I used to work in their call center so I know a bit.

Yes, Sky are wise to the cancel and start a new contract idea. If you do it withing a year it's classed as a restart. If what you say is right, you shouldn't still be in contract. Have you changed your package, ie upgraded to the Family Bungle or something? I only had to ring them to cancel mine, so I'm not sure why they want it in writing. And I wouldn't suggest anyone cancels the direct debit. If there's anything owed on your final bill now they have no way for it to be payed.

It's a hell of a way to run a railroad, but hey, you're here now. Welcome to the real world, Neo. ;)

Last edited:
They offer great new offers, if you been with them 20 years they rinse you. Welcome to believe in free

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

C'mon guys--where's your trust and faith?----Sky look after their customers, they say so, in papers, on tv etc etc.
You really must learn to trust those wonderful people at Sky. [sarcasm?--oh yes!]
Reaper.

Get yourself a miracle box from W.O.S. nice little unit for first one ..good provider and you will be kicking yourself you hadn't done it sooner ...just watch yourself around the 1st of April though it all goes dark

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ive had sky for years when i say years when you had to buy the box the problem is
My hd box will receive all channels but the hard drive wont record phone sky 40 minutes to get through
Then they say £140 if they cant fix box will replace with a new one or £80 plus parts
So i said ive never had a free sky box off you ? can i have one which the answer is NO
To which i took the £140 option now 13 months down the line box does the same again
Sky says it wants me to pay again to which i go down the road of i want a free box can i put it in another name
but the same address NO have to cancel for 12 months
So thats it the toys are out of the pram i say cancel it you know were you can shove it
Sky say you will have to put it in writing and give a months notice which the contract i signed
What contract done it over the phone in the 90s
Ive just phoned the bank and cancelled my direct debit with them
Feel better now

Plenty of you tube tutorials about. Change the drive yourself.

I got a DRX890 of ebay for a tenner posted! Chucked a Samsung 2tb drive in it from Scan.co.uk. Happy days!!;)

apparently if you ask nicely, they will let you have a reconditioned 2tb box for £30, As long as you dont cancel your subscription.

Most of the time when a sky box refuses to record a planner rebuild fixes it but most sky advisors won't tell you that

Back