Sky Sports and BT Sport

skirmish

I've been using a Skybox to get my fix of football and F1 but it seems the free ride is over.

Is an option for me to get and use Kodi to get my sport back?
If so can someone please advise what device is best to get. Also is it best to get a loaded one or can I do it myself?

Thanks in advance

I've been using a Skybox to get my fix of football and F1 but it seems the free ride is over.

If so can someone please advise what device is best to get. Also is it best to get a loaded one or can I do it myself?

Thanks in advance
I find the best option for the football on kodi is to install plexus for acestreams and the castaway addon for your list of streams, I've been using it for a while and it works pretty well, just check youtube on how to install plexus and castaway

Thanks in advance

Hi you can get a cheap android box for about £40 now... you will need one with atleast 2G of ram, and running android 5 or higher... dont buy one fully loaded, get a blank one and set it up yourself. Theres sooo many youtube videos showing how, then you dont need to rely on other people when it goes down, you will be able to fix the issue quickly and freely yourself..

As for sports, there are plenty of FREE options on kodi, BUT the stability and quality can be very hit and miss, your best bet will be a paid iptv sub, the one i use is £9 a month, and it has all the movie and sports in HD aswell as PPV and all the other non premium channels. Plus about 150 USA channels too.

18 months ago i had never even heared of kodi, now i got my own private build and make addons for friends, thats how easy it is to learn... If you want to know anything else feel free to reply here or inbox me...

Hi you can get a cheap android box for about £40 now... you will need one with atleast 2G of ram, and running android 5 or higher... dont buy one fully loaded, get a blank one and set it up yourself. Theres sooo many youtube videos showing how, then you dont need to rely on other people when it goes down, you will be able to fix the issue quickly and freely yourself..

As for sports, there are plenty of FREE options on kodi, BUT the stability and quality can be very hit and miss, your best bet will be a paid iptv sub, the one i use is £9 a month, and it has all the movie and sports in HD aswell as PPV and all the other non premium channels. Plus about 150 USA channels too.

18 months ago i had never even heared of kodi, now i got my own private build and make addons for friends, thats how easy it is to learn... If you want to know anything else feel free to reply here or inbox me...
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.
Well seeing my Skybox system seems to be redundant I fancy having a look at Kodi.
Am I right in thinking that I use the Android Box with an iptv subscription?
Final question. There's a bewildering selection of Android boxes out there and would be delighted to get one around the £40. Can you or anyone suggest a particular box so that i don't end up getting one that is unsuitable.
Many thanks

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.
Well seeing my Skybox system seems to be redundant I fancy having a look at Kodi.
Am I right in thinking that I use the Android Box with an iptv subscription?
Final question. There's a bewildering selection of Android boxes out there and would be delighted to get one around the £40. Can you or anyone suggest a particular box so that i don't end up getting one that is unsuitable.
Many thanks

yes mate.. you would have your android box, install kodi on that then install some of the free addons for your movies and tv, then install the addon for whatever iptv you buy and then buy subscription to it..

I got two android boxes, nvidia shield which is pretty much the best you can get, and for the spare room i got a beelink. i will inbox you a link for where i got mine from.

Just gone back to the link i got mine from a few weeks ago and there not listed anymore and the next ones up are between £50 and £70 depending where you look

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I've just had a look at the Beelink and they seem to be around £55 for a 2GB model.
Will I need an IPTV to get Sky Sports or will Kodi add ons suffice?

there are some free kodi addons that you can get channels on but the quality can be pretty rubbish... before you go spending money money you can install kodi on your computer and have a little mess around with it and get use to installing different addons and such like

Thanks in advance
I have found amazon fire tv box hard wired works great for iptv theres a few about that work through perfect player mate you can use an app called fore dl which downloads apps its 80 quid but easy to set up much better than mxq box mate

Back