sky tune failed. h2h - cable issue

wakkaday

moved into a new property, the virgin feed is all working fine however the sky feed isn't. there is a single sky cable (black) one routed in the property from the dish.

i have used a connector to extend the cable connected to a 'white virgin' cable i found as it needed a bit of length to reach my box and when i try and do an ABM scan it picks up the virgin channels but not the sky channels. it failed to pick anything up... is it a cable issue?

what cable/connector do i need to be using to extend it..

thanks

Could be a cable problem or the dish could be out of line or the lnb could be knackered ... if you've never had it working, it could be any of these.

I tried connecting directly with just the sky cable and went to signal finder it does find some kind of signal 63 percent or so. But when I did a scan it wouldn't pick up still, tune fatal failed using Abm

When I did a normal scan it listed a dozen channel it found

Is there something I need to adjust in the transponder settings? Or is it meang to be on pre defined setting

Thanks

normally on sat you just set abm to scan uk sd and it scans,until you know dish and lnb pointing are good + cables.

It's just WF100 cable that's been listed as VM cable for some reason but can do both.

Looks like a cable problem. It was slighftly bent rf conduction at the box so stripped and cut and reconnected and bingo it scanned at least now I have the sky Channels not available on vm

Thanks

Back