Skybox f5s help/advice needed!!

Shaund

Hi guys looking for a bit of help/advice if possible. I have had a Skybox f5s for about 3 years now and it's been working perfect fine up until now (apart from missing the blocked channels) but over the past day or two I've noticed that a lot of the time when I try to change channels with the remote control my box seems to freeze and do nothing. I have to power off and on at the mains to be able turn back on and when I change channels for another short period until it occurs again. Anyone experienced issues like this before? Any help/advice would be appreciated?

Hi try firmware update make sure you have back up of your line

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hi try firmware update make sure you have back up of your line

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hi bud, thanks for the reply. I thought that something like this might be the solution as I have had the box three years and never done anything like that apart from the odd channel list update. Do u know if this is something that could be done quite easily as I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to all this tech stuff? If you could point me in the right direction that would be handy? Thanks in advance.

I assume you have done the obvious and changed remote batteries, if re-flash doesn't do it then, could be a component issue.

Having used it for 3 years for how much they cost, I think you had your moneys worth ;)

I assume you have done the obvious and changed remote batteries, if re-flash doesn't do it then, could be a component issue.

Having used it for 3 years for how much they cost, I think you had your moneys worth ;)

Yeah funny enough the batteries were done the other day and I changed them but still no change. Yea I surprised my box has lasted this long with no issues, just trying to prolong the life for a few more months until I can afford a better solution. Can you point me in the direction of a re-flash/update as I don't know much about the setup of the boxes? Cheers

Back