skybox f5s/openbox v5s

Draperz

PLease Help!!! skybox f5s/openbox v5s problem

hi im wondering if any of you guys can help me with this? u bought a skyboxf5s with a 12mth gift 3 weeks ago. after a week of being content all of a sudden my skybox freezes on loading at 93% then i get on display E001? after reading through some of these discussions im lead to believe its a firmware problem? i have some how managed to get box loaded to 100% switchin on?off after some frustration...:/ the guy i bought the box from sent me some type if file SKYBOX_F3S_F5S_3601HD_CMT_14041006DA.abs .. but he has gave me no instruction what to do with this and after numerous emails to him im obviously being ignored..
Can anybody tell me what to do with this file? does my box need to be reflashed with usb memory stick? will i lose my 12mth gift I.e. chanels?? what do i need to do to get my box working properly so i can turn power off and back on again without it getting stuck on loading @ 93%..? im only new to this so all guidence and help wil be much appreciated thanks...:)

Last edited:
This has been reported as a problem that only really hits clones so even though the supplier sent you the official fw update it doesn't mean its safe to use. He may not have known its a clone.
But if its not working correctly you may feel only option is to update and take it from there.
Also as long as you use the usb update option, if its wrong firmware it should just say mismatch.
But first backup your line by usb. That way u at least keep ur server.
Look at the sticky threads here or the skybox forum to see clearly how to do all of it

Back