Skybox V6 Help Please

shelltwee

HI there

Im a bit dim when it comes to this so genuine help needed for a numpty.

All the Sly channels went but still had BT, Discovery etc up till last night. Now the TV says its not getting a signal. Is the box done or is there someting I,m not doing right. Box comes on but nothing on the TV.

What do I do now

Help Please

You are not sounding thick mate. I would suggest you switch your skybox off from the mains and then remove all your leads/cables it.

By any chance, do you have an old official Sly receiver? I would connect your cable from your dish into this box. Go into Services and look at the signal strength. If you are picking any form of signal, then you will know it is not your dish, LNB or the cable that goes from your dish into the receiver. If you are not receiving a signal, then you know you have a problem with your dish or LNB.

Assuming you are receiving a signal, revert back to your skybox. Put the satellite cable back in. Give it a few minutes to load up. If you are receiving no signal, it could be a faulty tuner in which case it is not worth repairing. Alternatively, you could have a temperamental satellite lead/cable which may just need fiddling with, just to get a signal.

If you are still receiving 'no signal', my bet is a faulty signal or a faulty box rather than your supplier who provided you a cline doing a runner.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Back