skybox v8s

cozy

Hi all

I am new to all this and was looking for some help and advice please.

I have recently purchased a skybox v8s for my dad with a 12 month free gift :-).

I was wondering if there is anyway of obtaining the Sky Italia channels?

I am an a beginner to all this so if anybody can give me some hint and tips for things you can do with openbox v8s?

Many thanks in advance for an replies.

Yes there is, you have to have a motorized dish, to point the dish at the Sky italia satellite, then back at the Sky UK satellite when you want to watch Sky UK channels.

You need a H-H motor--cost about £40
80cm dish
A multi-sat line

I have just installed a motor system for a friend [with his aid of course]
Got a 85cm dish and fittings, a dark Alsat motor and 0.1db lnb, all for £55 off the bay [kit form]
Purchased a V8s for £41 and a multi line 6months £43.
All up and running in under 2hrs.
Simples.
Reaper.

Thanks guys for your replies. I'll have a look into it but it my be beyond my capabilities. Haha.

hello . I have just bought a skybox v8 the other day .

when i updated the channel list and i turned it off when i went to turn the box on it was stuck on load is there anything i could do or is the box boken ?

also how do you use the web tv ?

i have no youtube on my skybox v8

thank you if anyone can help ?

Hi all

I am new to all this and was looking for some help and advice please.

I have recently purchased a skybox v8s for my dad with a 12 month free gift :-).

I was wondering if there is anyway of obtaining the Sky Italia channels?

I am an a beginner to all this so if anybody can give me some hint and tips for things you can do with openbox v8s?

Many thanks in advance for an replies.

If it's only $ly Italia that your dad wants, as well as $ly UK, then you can install a second LNB onto the dish quite easily & use a DiSeqC switch to seamlessly switch between the 2 satellites. It will be much easier on a standard (non-$ly) 60cm dish, but it might still be possible to bodge it with a $ly dish.

Some people have gaffa taped an extra LNB to their $ly mini dishes for 19.2e, so it might be possible to do it for 13e (signal strength permitting).

jameskenny22...if it's a brand new box, you could try contacting the seller to see if he will exchange it. If not, then you might need to reflash it by RS232.

Have a look here:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-...lash-using-serial-rs232-null-modem-cable.html

Last edited:
Back